Bluetooth Headset is the Bane of my Existence!

Options
TimothyWeldon
TimothyWeldon Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I have a generic blue-tooth headset I bought on Ebay, and this thing sucks. I mean, Its a pretty good headset for what it is and what it costed, but whenever I hook the blue-tooth headset up to my laptop, it sometimes crashes my sound driver for some reason. I have to do everything I can to get the thing working again, and it's a pain in the butt. I am not sure if it's a bluetooth driver issue, but if anybody else has this problem, help me out. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Best bet is to use a USB bluetooth dongle designated to the headset for pairing (Ive had to do this many times).

It could also be interference from other local devices so if you have a wireless keyboard/mouse/peripheral then try disabling them and test again.
    - Hotel Hero

Answers

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Best bet is to use a USB bluetooth dongle designated to the headset for pairing (Ive had to do this many times).

It could also be interference from other local devices so if you have a wireless keyboard/mouse/peripheral then try disabling them and test again.
    - Hotel Hero
  • TimothyWeldon

Tinkerer

Options
    Red-Sand said:

Hey Red, thanks for your solution. I've decided to purchase a usb dongle to test it out, and here's hoping it works. 
  • TimothyWeldon

Tinkerer

Options
    *update* yeah. I should get that dongle in oh.. Sometime this next millennia. Apparently they are shipping it from mars, so ill just have to try using my Bluetooth headset without the mouse, or not at all. Oh, I probably should have mentioned that bit. 2.44 ghz mouse. The kinda of thing that would mess with your bluetooth headset. Mhm. Well, I'll keep you posted when the darn thing finally gets here.