ACER v193HQ power light blinking fast and screen is black

Options
kainblock
kainblock Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
My monitor sadendtly doesn't power on and when i connect the power cord, power light starts blinking. Is monitor dead ? Is that another error message ? 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    kainblock 
    What if you disconnect the video cable from the system?
    Does the monitor display " no signal" or "input not supported" message.

The easy option to isolate the issue is to check by connecting the monitor to another device or trying to connect the computer to another monitor.
    If the power LED on your LCD monitor is blinking and you have no images on the screen, it's likely that you've set your video card to a refresh rate and/or a resolution your monitor can't handle. Your best bet is to reset the refresh rate to 60 Hz, which is the optimum refresh rate for all Samsung LCD monitors, and set the resolution to the optimum resolution for your monitor. 

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • kainblock
    kainblock Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    @Sharanji Thanks for reply and sorry because i wasn't detailed enough

I 've alredy try all the above. The actually problem is that when i connect the power cord the flash light blinking. Its not have to do with the video or pc. Also I can't access the menu because the monitor doesn't power on.

A video could be more detailed.
    https://youtu.be/LdSmNnhsCtc

As

• Joris
    Joris Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi,

I have the same problem that when turn on my PC the screen light is flickering yellow and it shows black screen.

Also the black screen is flickering faintly what is hardly seen.

I use 2 screens and 1 screen turns on normally at startup.

Programs opened default on the black screen I can after a few 'blind' tries drag to the working screen.

I tried also set to screen to 60Hz but this not results in the fix.

Strange is that if I play around changing the AMD Catalyst control settings and Windows 7 screen settings (turn screen off, create screen group, change desktop, change main screen, etc) ..

.. that suddenly the screen turns on.

I can't figger out exactly which setting change cause the turn on screen.

When I turn off my PC next time I startup the same issue appears and it shows black screen again.

In the attatchment the screen settings AMD and Windows 7 at startup black screen.

How to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Joris
  • Joris
    Joris Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi,

I have the same problem that when turn on my PC the screen light is flickering yellow and it shows black screen.

Also the black screen is flickering faintly what is hardly seen.

I use 2 screens and 1 screen turns on normally at startup.

Programs opened default on the black screen I can after a few 'blind' tries drag to the working screen.

I tried also set to screen to 60Hz but this not results in the fix.

Strange is that if I play around changing the AMD Catalyst control settings and Windows 7 screen settings (turn screen off, create screen group, change desktop, change main screen, etc) ..

.. that suddenly the screen turns on.

I can't figger out exactly which setting change cause the turn on screen.

When I turn off my PC next time I startup the same issue appears and it shows black screen again.

In the attatchment the screen settings AMD and Windows 7 at startup black screen.

How to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Joris