Fan making noise

Options
Hipro84
Hipro84 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
My gpu fan has been making a vibration sorta sound for a bit now. Is there a way to check it or something because I'm kinda concerned 

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hipro84 
    What is the full model number of your laptop?
    It  could also be from the coil whine which I wouldn't be messing with. It may not be from the fans but from behind the fans.
    Also, the wobble likely could indicate that the bearing has worn out. There may have been an imbalance in the blades that caused the bearing to fail. Without having a way to check the balance and correct it, nor a way to fix a worn bearing, look for a replacement fan.
    You should be able to take the fan/housing off the card. Hold the fan near the card and turn it on. If the fan is vibrating in your hand I doubt you can fix it. It's sealed in there pretty good. The only other thing is to check the blades and see if one of them is missing or has junk on it.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hipro84 
    What is the full model number of your laptop?
    It  could also be from the coil whine which I wouldn't be messing with. It may not be from the fans but from behind the fans.
    Also, the wobble likely could indicate that the bearing has worn out. There may have been an imbalance in the blades that caused the bearing to fail. Without having a way to check the balance and correct it, nor a way to fix a worn bearing, look for a replacement fan.
    You should be able to take the fan/housing off the card. Hold the fan near the card and turn it on. If the fan is vibrating in your hand I doubt you can fix it. It's sealed in there pretty good. The only other thing is to check the blades and see if one of them is missing or has junk on it.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!