Replacement keyboard for Acer Aspire E 11 - Which and How?

miatlas91
miatlas91 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives

Greetings all,

The keys on my Acer laptop recently started dying. First the function keys gave out, then the number, and now most of the top two rows have stopped working. I know this is a problem with hardware since using an external USB keyboard showed the keys to work perfectly. I've also done the "pin-reset" but to no avail. Replacing the keyboard seems to be in order now.

My question is twofold. First, which keyboard should I be getting? My laptop is an Aspire E 11 with the code "ES1-111-C939" written on the right of the info sticker. I've tried searching online but can't really seem to find a keyboard that specifically matches the details I've provided. I'm wondering if someone would know what kinds of keyboards would work with this laptop. If more info is needed, I can provide it.

Second, is it possible to replace the keyboard for this type of laptop? I've tried looking up how to do this, but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. There doesn't seem to be any panel for replacing the keyboard.

If any more info is needed, please ask.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Hello,
    The keyboard+frame should be this one:
    60.MSNN7.001 | COVER.UPPER.BLK.ARA-EN.W/KB
    France
  • vikudo
    vikudo Member Posts: 1 New User

In most of keyboards models which look the same outside, were used different type of hinges under the keys. To confirm matching key you need to choose identic hinge that is used in your keyboard.  In the picture below are shown three general hinges sizes. The best way to choose the key set with a matching hinge is to draw down “A” key. Under it is mounted the middle size hinge which you can compare with the one shown at the picture.  If you have some doubts or you can’t find the matching model, please . We will help you in the correct selection. Designation of “keyboard model” in the column is provided.

Thanks & Regards

iGameGuardian Jailbreak

• Limbistics
    Limbistics Member Posts: 1 New User
    please can anyone help me with acer iconia 6120 bottom screen and the price. my botton screen got broken and I cant use my keyboard and acer ring.
  • kaleena73
    kaleena73 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Your it your self throught follow the youtube vidTo confirm matching key you need to choose identical hinge that is used in your keyboard. Thanks for it... working for me... 
    startupopinions