New Acer Laptop- Should I get rid of bloatware AND how do I safely get rid of it?

ryangomes
ryangomes Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives

Not much good at these things and could really use some help determining if I should rid my New Acer laptop with Windows 10 of bloatware. Also, advice please on how to safely get rid of it without needing skills beyond my limited capability :-) Thanks very much!

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited October 2018
    ryangomes 
    The only real way to get rid of them is to perform a clean install of Windows 10. You can easily download the ISO from Microsoft, mount it to a USB with a tool like Rufus and boot from the USB. From there just delete all partitions and format the drive. Complete the installation, once complete continue by connecting your laptop via Ethernet (system should have driver). Proceed to the Acer support website to download specific drivers only!!
    Activation shouldn't even be a concern as the machine was clearly made for Windows 10, so the key should be embedded and activate once it touches the internet.
    Please note that some preinstalled application are necessary for proper functioning of the laptop.
    Also, create a USB recovery media before making any changes on your computer.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!