Have restore media, won't boot from cd/usb - Aspire XC-603G

Options
yourcomputer
yourcomputer Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
I have windows 8.1,

When I update the bios to the newest version and restart the computer a prompt at the top says click to boot from cd.
It ONLY shows on the restart RIGHT after I update the bios, so I just keep updating the bios whenever I need to start from a cd. This does not seem like the right thing to do.

HOW do I get the prompt to come back so I can boot from a usb/cd now?

Steps I have taken:
  • I pressed f12 to get the boot manager to display, but it only had the option: boot windows.
  • I disabled secure boot.
  • I put boot removable 1st in boot order and boot cd 2nd.
  • Updated to newest bios  - P11-B2 - multiple times.
There are instructions that say to select "legacy boot", but that is not an option in my bios settings.

I have windows 8.1.  The Computer is Aspire XC-603G.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    yourcomputer 
    Please try the below mentioned steps : 
    Click the Start button at the bottom left of the screen. The Start screen should appear. Type "settings" (without the quotes).
    "PC Settings" should appear in the search results in the right column. Click it.  Click "Update and recovery" in the left column of the screen that appears.
    The screen should change to one with the title "Update and recovery". Click "Recovery" in the left column.
    The right side of the screen should change. Click the "Restart now" button in the section labelled "Advanced startup".
    You will be greeted with a message that says "Please wait". Eventually, you will get a screen with the title "Advanced options". Click the option that says "Use a device".
    Another screen will appear giving you the choice of booting from either the "Internal Hard Disk or Solid State Disk", an "EFI DVD/CDROM" drive, or another "EFI USB Device". Make sure that you have put your CD or DVD into your drive, and click "EFI DVD/CDROM".
    When you do this, your system's UEFI (what was formerly called the BIOS) will take over and attempt to start the system from the DVD/CD drive. As mentioned earlier, whether this is successful depends on whether your DVD or CD media has the necessary digital signature and whether it is bootable in the first place.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!