Laptop crashes after auto updating.

Answers

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited October 2018
    TejasD said:
    Hey! So I lodged a complaint to my nearest acer service centre and they installed a new ssd and a fresh copy of Windows. I thought the problem was gone but when I'm trying to fire up Far Cry 5, laptop crashed again.
    Attaching the Screenshots,
    Also, if this makes any difference, I tried changing preferred graphic processor from Nvidia Control Panel and got a pop up saying "Access denied. Failed to apply settings to your system"
    At the far cry menu, display turned blueish grainy.

That is not a windows issue it's a ubisoft issue i bought farcry 5 and the season pass too and im getting bsod heap mode corruption after 5 to 10 minutes in game i contacted ubisoft and they say far cry 5 it's not officially supported by any laptops gaming or not this was their answer to which i replied if so they and their resellers/stores should inform the laptop customers not to buy it then as it might not work i am still in touch with them to try to find a solution and maybe get to a fix (it's trial and error from now on) i will be posting updates as they keep giving me some possible troubleshoots so far nothing worked.

But by the look of you bsod like @egyd@egydiocoelho said the irq equal or less usually its a driver issue it might be also hardware check your windows event viewer and use nirsoft bluescreen view to check which file/driver gave you the bsod

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• TejasD
    TejasD Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited October 2018
    So the acer employee visited today and reinstalled all the drivers to factory version. No crashes so far. Far cry 5 is running now without an issue but I can't install Predator sense anymore. it finishes the setup and everything but gives the following error when I run it.
    There was a BSOD Memory management issue but it didn't occur again. It happened right after I closed FC5 and tried browsing the internet.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    @TejasD! First also check if you are logged in to an administrator account to open this program!
    Go to the acer care center and check that before the model shows the word "predator" and then model ph315-51! If the word "predator" does not appear, then there is a problem with bios and it should be fixed at Acer service centers!
    See this photo:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TejasD
    edited November 2018
    Checked. Model is listed there
    btw I'm running Windows 10 1703 version. 

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited November 2018
    TejasD said:

Try to run the setup file with admin rights see if it helps

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• TejasD
    xapim said:
    TejasD said:
    Try to run the setup file with admin rights see if it helps
    Tried doing this already. Still the same error message.
  • What is the version of the predator sense program? It may be incompatible with Windows version 1703! Have you tried upgrading windows 10? You need to back up the files first!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TejasD
    edited November 2018
    I'm really skeptical about updating my Windows. All the laptop crashes started initially when I updated Windows.
    Predator Sense is V3.1.
    I can call the service centre and get them to install win ver 1709 (which came pre-installed in this laptop)
  • No need to call the service center! If you want to restore the notebook to the factory defaults, simply press the alt + f10 keys as soon as you turn on the notebook! We recommend backing up the files first! However I still think that updating windows 10 will solve this problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaxGamer
    MaxGamer Member Posts: 110 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    @TejasD Try to uninstall PredatorSense from the control panel and then install it.
    Don't forget to accept my answer if I was able to help you out!
    Just a tech enthusiast who tries to help other people : )

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

Acer Support: https://support.acer.com/
  • TejasD
    Tried reinstalling and it somehow worked but it displays rpm as 0. This shouldn't be a huge issue, right? Any fixes are appreciated tho. 
  • TejasD
    edited November 2018
    Great! So the Memory management crash happened again... Reuploading the same image for reference. 
    I have tried everything - factory reseting, download factory driver version, reinstalling fresh copy of Windows.

• Have you updated all the notebook drivers with the driverbooster?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• MaxGamer
    MaxGamer Member Posts: 110 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    TejasD said:
    Great! So the Memory management crash happened again... Reuploading the same image for reference. 
    I have tried everything - factory reseting, download factory driver version, reinstalling fresh copy of Windows.

Something is causing these errors. Perform the following steps to be able to pinpoint the cause of the errors.

Open Command Prompt as administrator. Run this command: sfc /scannow 

Report back with the results. 
    It is possible that there is a corrupt windows system file which is causing all these errors. 
    Don't forget to accept my answer if I was able to help you out!
    Just a tech enthusiast who tries to help other people : )

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

Acer Support: https://support.acer.com/
  • TejasD
    Tried runnin the sfc /scannow. "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violation"
    Also, I haven't updated any drivers yet. I reinstalled the drivers to factory version because there were no issue when I first got this laptop so I thought returning back to factory version would fix the problem.
  • TejasD
    edited November 2018
    No need to call the service center! If you want to restore the notebook to the factory defaults, simply press the alt + f10 keys as soon as you turn on the notebook! We recommend backing up the files first! However I still think that updating windows 10 will solve this problem!
    I will give updating both Windows and drivers another go. Should use auto update, right?
    Edit- Another crash - Kmode exception not handled. 
  • First update windows! It is recommended to back up your files! Then update the drivers using the driverbooster program!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TejasD
    edited November 2018
    Windows updated and now the laptop stays on for a couple of minutes and then crashes. 
    This was exactly why I didn't want to updated.
    BSOD  -  Systen service exception, Memory Management, Driver overran stack buffer, Driver irql not less or equal :HDAudBus.sys.
    Also, I can't updated to latest version of windows. Laptop crashes before it can even finish the "Preparing to install" process.
    I also got a BSOD volsnap.sys error and a win32kfull
  • OK! Now try to do a disk cleanup and then download the driverbooster program and try to update all the drivers!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• TejasD
    Done! Laptop is still crashing tho