How to fix gaming laptop (acer nitro 5) 100% disk usage and black screen upon startup

Options
Vboy
Vboy Member Posts: 6 New User
edited April 23 in 2018 Archives
I have just bought a gaming laptop the acer nitro 5 (amd variant) was working well for the first two weeks then i noticed that the disk usage is at 100% and also it lags very much....and when i start up i always see a black screen so i have to wait for 1-3 min. So i see the log in..... i also went to the task manager and saw it was mostly windows causing the disk usage what can i do?
●Tried reformatting it
●cleaning malware(ran malware bytes)
●disabled superfetch and windows search
●ran hd tune (no problems on hard drive)
●ran sfc and dism no problems
Here is a pic https://imgur.com/a/H1mezXx
Can anybody please help me.....

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of your notebook? example vx5-591g!
    On the black screen, make sure disabling fast startup in the power options resolves the problem:

About hd being at 100%, I recommend you to see this video that is in Portuguese, but just follow the tips that start from the sixth minute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWESrvP_uU8 
    It will probably solve the disk problem by 100%! I hope the video helps you!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Vboy
    Vboy Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    Thanks bro but followed everything still cannot fix it.....ill go directly to an acer repair shop it still has warranty.......
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! I'll take care of the Acer service center to solve your problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • shah786
    shah786 Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Same issue on acer nitro 5 ( intel varient )
    Please somebody help me to solve this issue
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @shah786 What is the exact model of notebook? What is the exact problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shah786
    Options
    Acer nitro 5 (AN515-51 5987)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you checked the tips I sent here?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shah786
    Options
    Tried nothing help
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• shah786
    Options
    This is my issue with my Acer nitro 5 AN (515-51 5987)
    SPECS ARE 
    I5-7300HQ
    RAM  8GB DDR4 
    GPU -NVIDIA 1050 2GB
    WHEN I TURN ON MY LAPTOP  IT TAKE (3 MINUTES) ON ACER LOGO THEN SCREEN GOES BLACK FOR( 2-3 MIN) BEFORE LOGIN PAGE.
    TASK MANAGER SHOW DISK USAGE 100%(95% DISK ARE USED BY "SYSTEM PROCESS").
    APPS TAKE LONG TO RUN AND WHEN I RIGHT CLICK TO REFRESH IT TAKE (5-6 SECOND) TO SHOW CONTEXT MENU.
    TRIED DISABLING (SUPERFETCH,STARTUP APP) BUT IT DOESN'T SOLVE ISSUE

PLEASE HELP
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I recommend you any antivirus that is installed on your notebook like norton for example!
    Make sure that disabling some services resolves the problem:

Have you seen the video above? Although it is in Portuguese, it may solve the problem of the disk in 100%!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Yarndude
    Yarndude Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same problem here,and exact same model and configuration of laptop.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @YarndudeDid you uninstall norton? Did you update the drivers and windows?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer