Nitro AN515-51 Black Screen

Options
Aurelian
Aurelian Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Hi,

Recently my laptop screen has been turning black, but it's not black as soon as it's turned on it's only black when I move the screen back too much. Is there any thing I could do? I have a feeling it's to do with the monitor and not the hardware.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS settings( press F2 as soon as you press the power button), click F9 button to set to Default setup, then click F10 to save and exit.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    If the change is normal display to black display only by moving the angle and it switches both ways (so the normal screen turns black when the display goes to too much of an angle and the display goes back to normal when you pull it back forward) it sounds like a hardware problem. Either the cable between the motherboard and screen had broken wires that disconnect when stretched or the cable has a loose connection at one or the other end. Are you still in warranty?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Aurelian
    Options
    billsey said:
    If the change is normal display to black display only by moving the angle and it switches both ways (so the normal screen turns black when the display goes to too much of an angle and the display goes back to normal when you pull it back forward) it sounds like a hardware problem. Either the cable between the motherboard and screen had broken wires that disconnect when stretched or the cable has a loose connection at one or the other end. Are you still in warranty?
    Yah I got it about a year ago or so, I should still be in warranty period. 
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Options
    Hi Aurelian,

Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely. Turn on the computer and press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. You should see a message that says "Please Wait" 

Click Troubleshoot.

safe mode windows 10

Click Advanced options.

automatic-repair-3 safe mode windows 10

Click Startup Settings.

automatic-repair-4 safe mode windows 10

Click Restart.

automatic-repair-5 safe mode windows 10

Press the number 4. This will start Windows 10 in Safe Mode.

automatic-repair-6 safe mode windows 10

Sign in, press Windows key + X, click Device Manager, expand Display Adapter, right click the display driver then click Disable. Restart your computer to see if setup completes successfully or you can boot to the desktop. If you can reach the desktop, check Windows Update or the manufacturers website for the latest driver.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Aurelian
    Options
    TECH_MAN said:
    Hi Aurelian,

Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely. Turn on the computer and press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. You should see a message that says "Please Wait" 

Click Troubleshoot.

safe mode windows 10

Click Advanced options.

automatic-repair-3 safe mode windows 10

Click Startup Settings.

automatic-repair-4 safe mode windows 10

Click Restart.

automatic-repair-5 safe mode windows 10

Press the number 4. This will start Windows 10 in Safe Mode.

automatic-repair-6 safe mode windows 10

Sign in, press Windows key + X, click Device Manager, expand Display Adapter, right click the display driver then click Disable. Restart your computer to see if setup completes successfully or you can boot to the desktop. If you can reach the desktop, check Windows Update or the manufacturers website for the latest driver.

Great thank you I'll try that ASAP!
  • Aurelian
    Options
    Hi,

Which one is the display driver? When I expanded there were two things which one do I click on? (sorry I'm a completely noob at these things) 
  • Aurelian
    Options
    This is all that's shown when I tried the final partthat's shown when 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    The display driver is the NVIDIA one, the Intel is disabled when the NVIDIA is installed or only used for an external monitor (I forget which). I'm still thinking your problem is a loose eDP cable, which runs from the motherboard to the display and gets mostly disconnected when stretched by tilting the display back too far. Give Acer support a call and they'll fix you up if it's not too late.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Aurelian
    Options
    billsey said:
    The display driver is the NVIDIA one, the Intel is disabled when the NVIDIA is installed or only used for an external monitor (I forget which). I'm still thinking your problem is a loose eDP cable, which runs from the motherboard to the display and gets mostly disconnected when stretched by tilting the display back too far. Give Acer support a call and they'll fix you up if it's not too late.
    Yeah thanks, once I get my phone fixed I'll try that.