Aspire R5 571TG Laptop SSD upgrade

Options
zarkuz
zarkuz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi,
I have Aspire R5 571TG Laptop w/256Gb SSD. I wanna to upgrade current SSD to 1TB. I want to be sure which type SSD will be compatible. I opened back cover, there is m2 type SSD if I`m not wrong. If anyone know can I add second HDD or SSD or should I change current 256Gb SSD with new bigger capacity SSD ? Which type SSD will be compatible?

Thanks

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Storage 1: M.2 2242/2260/2280 SATA Gen3x2 SSD
    128GB/256GB/512GB SSD

You can put the hd together with the ssd m2! However you should substitiur the current ssd with the new one as there is only one m2 slot!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,153 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    You have one M.2 slot which is currently occupied by a 256GB SSD, you can upgrade this up to a 512GB M.2 SATA SSD, there's also a bay for 2.5" HDD/SSD, you can install a HDD up to 1TB. The choice has to be made by you because you know your needs.
  • larrywmo4
    larrywmo4 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I got a Samsung 870EVO Plus 1TB and the computer did not recognize the SSD when I installed it. Any idea why?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    Options
    @larrywmo4 the Samsung 870 EVO Plus is a NVMe drive, not the SATA drive needed for your model. You will have to return it and purchase an M.2 SATA SSD instead.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.