Touchscreen stopped working, can anyone help me fix this?

Options
Allera
Allera Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
Good day everyone, (I'm sorry if the category is wrong)
my laptop's touchscreen has stopped working. After a few research, I've discovered that something is missing in the HID but I don't exactly know what.

What should I do?
Will fixing this problem cause the deletion of some of my files?
My laptop's system model is Aspire V5-471P and its operating system is Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600).
Thank you in advance.

Best Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Allera

Yes looks like HID compliant touch driver is missing. 

You can download " ME (Management Engine) driver " from acer website and install the drivers by double tapping on setup file and restart the unit. i hope this should work
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • thamahes2018
    thamahes2018 Member Posts: 174 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Allera, Under Human interface device, Touch driver is missing.
  • thamahes2018
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Allera, You need to reinstall the touchscreen driver from Acer Care Center which you can access under Acer folder.

• Rudy21
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Allera said:
    Thank you both for your answers and I'm sorry that it took me this long to reply.
    I will try what you have suggested.

Another question.
    Will installing this cause the deletion of some of my files? 
    No.. this is just a driver so you can stay relaxed and install this file.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Make sure they are being shown as device like this:

Then enter the displayed error code!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Rudy21
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @Allera

Yes looks like HID compliant touch driver is missing. 

You can download " ME (Management Engine) driver " from acer website and install the drivers by double tapping on setup file and restart the unit. i hope this should work
  • thamahes2018
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Allera, Under Human interface device, Touch driver is missing.
  • thamahes2018
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Allera, You need to reinstall the touchscreen driver from Acer Care Center which you can access under Acer folder.

• Allera
    Options
    Thank you both for your answers and I'm sorry that it took me this long to reply.

Another question.
  • Rudy21
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Allera said:

Another question.
    No.. this is just a driver so you can stay relaxed and install this file.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Make sure they are being shown as device like this:

Then enter the displayed error code!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Allera
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has been helping me so far.
    I am not that experienced with computers, as such, I may continue to ask questions whose answers may have been really simple or easy.
    Please be patient with me. (Which you all have been doing, thanks again.)

Rudy21, if it's not too much trouble, could you send me a link of where to download this ME driver? 
    I don't know which one to download. (My operating system is Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600).)

thamahes2018, how do you this, "Under Human interface device, Touch driver is missing"?
    How do you do this too, "You need to reinstall the touchscreen driver from Acer Care Center which you can access under Acer folder."

egydiocoelho, thank you for your reply.
    You seem to have windows 10, mine is 8 and this is what is shown when I right click it.

Also, when I press "Scan for hardware changes", nothing happens.
    What should I do?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Although the manufacturer's drivers are optimized for your model, in this case I would try to update with the driverbooster, which is a program that updates the notebook drivers! However I recommend that you activate the system protection to restore the notebook in case something goes wrong!
    I also recommend that you try this if the driver update does not solve your problem: when you turn on the notebook, press the alt + f10 keys to restore the notebook to factory defaults!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Allera
    Options
    egydiocoelho,

Do I have to download this driver booster? 

If yes, is this the right one?
    https://download.cnet.com/Driver-Booster/3000-18513_4-75992725.html

If no, can I just download directly the missing driver?
    If yes, can you tell me which one I should download?

My laptop's system model is Aspire V5-471P and its operating system is Windows 8.1 Single Language 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600).

Thank you.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I recommend that you turn on system protection in order to restore the system in case something goes wrong!
    Yes! You can download the driverbooster at that link! No need to install dashlane or gaming programs! I recommend the driverbooster only when there is no other solution!
    If an update of the drivers does not solve the problem, you can try to restore the notebook to factory defaults! To do this, just press the alt + f10 keys before the Acer logo!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Allera
    Options
    Thank you for being patient with me.

"I recommend the driverbooster only when there is no other solution!"
    So there is another solution other than downloading the driver booster?
    What would that solution be?

"
    you can try to restore the notebook to factory defaults! To do this, just press the alt + f10 keys before the Acer logo!"
    Since I'm not sure what might happen to my files when I do this, I am hoping for another solution other than this.

About my other question,
    If no, can I just download directly the missing driver?
    If yes, can you tell me which one I should download?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It's a problem similar to yours!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer