fix travelmate B117M bought in germany under warranty in chicago

Lumpmaster
Lumpmaster Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Good day guys.

I bought a Travelmate B117M about a year ago in Germany for travels. Now the plastic that attaches the screen to the hinge broke off and i cant really close the screen anymore. I ll be in Chicago from the 23rd of October. Is there any chance i can have it fixed there under warranty? The german support told me to get in touch with the US branch, but i cant register my Laptop because the serial number doesn't get recognised in the us, as i bought in Germany.

Thanks for the help Christian

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Lumpmaster 
    The International Traveler's Warranty (ITW) only covers genuine travelers outside their country of residence. 
    The enhanced International Travelers Warranty (ITW) is extended to products purchased from Acer or its authorized distributors, under the following conditions, only bona fide travelers who are in possession of a copy of the original sales invoice of the notebook may bring claims under the Acer ITW.

The definition of a "bona fide traveler" under the Acer ITW is a person temporarily outside the territorial scope of the local warranty covering the respective devices, without the intention of establishing a permanent residence. Otherwise, the notebook will only have a local warranty from where it was purchased; you will have to pay for any repairs made outside the country of purchase.

A list of authorized ITW service centers can be found at our Global Acer Authorized ITW Service Locations.  
    More information regarding scope of the ITW, ITW limitations can be found at our Global Acer Travelers Warranty page.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Lumpmaster 
    The International Traveler's Warranty (ITW) only covers genuine travelers outside their country of residence. 
    The enhanced International Travelers Warranty (ITW) is extended to products purchased from Acer or its authorized distributors, under the following conditions, only bona fide travelers who are in possession of a copy of the original sales invoice of the notebook may bring claims under the Acer ITW.

The definition of a "bona fide traveler" under the Acer ITW is a person temporarily outside the territorial scope of the local warranty covering the respective devices, without the intention of establishing a permanent residence. Otherwise, the notebook will only have a local warranty from where it was purchased; you will have to pay for any repairs made outside the country of purchase.

A list of authorized ITW service centers can be found at our Global Acer Authorized ITW Service Locations.  
    More information regarding scope of the ITW, ITW limitations can be found at our Global Acer Travelers Warranty page.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!