predator 17 g9-793-79v5 SSD UPGRADE

dr3ww_14
dr3ww_14 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I know upgrading SSD's is being asked a lot but i have some specifics i want to ask..

Model: predator 17 g9-793-79v5
Bay 1: SSD -  (2) 128gb raid 0 (total: 256gb)
Bay 2: HDD - (1) 1tb

My question is, i want to upgrade the two SSD 128gb's and replace it with a single 1tb SSD. 
When it comes to cloning, since my OS is installed on the two 128gbs, is that as simple as selecting the logical drive of the two 128gb ssd's? raid 0 doesnt make this complicated?
I will be using the software that comes with the 1TB SSD.

I am also new to these stick looking SSD/NVMe stuff. So i am assuming my model uses SATA M.2 SSD? base from googling. 

Thanks,

- WessenS

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,305 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    I think it's not only a 1tb ssd! However it will support two ssd's of 512gb each! On cloning, it is easier to clone from a smaller ssd to a larger-than-inverse ssd!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    If you have two, they will surely be in raid! I recommend you create a recovery media through the acer care center as it will break the array! There are indications that it supports hd 1tb! However I'm not sure if it will accept two ssd's of 1tb!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    edited October 2018 Answer ✓
    I think it's not only a 1tb ssd! However it will support two ssd's of 512gb each! On cloning, it is easier to clone from a smaller ssd to a larger-than-inverse ssd!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• dr3ww_14
    dr3ww_14 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    A better question is, could i replace both M.2 128gb to two 1TB M.2's?  one will clone the two 128gb's with the OS and the other is an extra drive? (thats my plan). I really dont care for the Raid config to continue. 

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    If you have two, they will surely be in raid! I recommend you create a recovery media through the acer care center as it will break the array! There are indications that it supports hd 1tb! However I'm not sure if it will accept two ssd's of 1tb!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rajveer
    rajveer Member Posts: 5 New User
    hi i just bought a predator 17 g9-793  i took out the two m.2 ssds. i put in a  512gb nvme m.2 on the bottom spot and 500gb sata m.2 on the top spot. but when i try to install fresh windows 10 i dont see a raid i see the drives separate.  what did i do wrong? 
  • @rajveer! Have you tried cloning ssd? Have you converted ssd to gpt?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rajveer
    rajveer Member Posts: 5 New User
    i did but it still wont show up as raid   and irst wont install on the new windows i install on single drive
  • I believe you need to use windoPE to create the raid volume! Have you tried configuring the raid system for intel rapid storage, how did this user do it?
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/514593/#Comment_514593

egydiocoelho Trailblazer