Acer ram - brand compatibilty ?? suggestions & views

andybaz
andybaz Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
Hi all, my faithfull Aspire M1930 is running 3GB ( 1 + 2 GB ram) - the data card says can run max 8GB.

The BIOS has been upgraded/flashed from 2.36 to current 2.38, i then added a 4gb  TEAM E LITE  1600/4GB DDR3
Then had my 1st bluescreen of death - seemingly thats what its called  :/ - so now on a full wipe & reinstall.

Looking for recommended brands for acer machines and what ram configuration would you use - ie keep it even ( equal on each side etc ? )  ... cheers in advance - andy

Comments

• Can you take a snapshot of the settings of all rams memories installed using aidd64?

This model supports ddr3, 1066 or 1333mhz, 1.5v, 240 pins!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IVAN_PC
    IVAN_PC ACE Posts: 7,495 Pathfinder
    Hello

Here you have the technical characteristics of the service manual.

Memory subsystem
    Socket Type: DDR III connector
    Socket Quantity: 2 DIMMs
    Max memory of 8GB supported (using 4Gb tech).
    Support DDR3 1.5V 1066/1333 (1GB / 2GB / 4GB).
    Follow Acer DT EE Request

What kind of memory is installed?

Regards.

☑️ 𝑺𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂 𝒆𝒔 "𝒍𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂", 𝒉𝒂𝒛 𝒄𝒍𝒊𝒄 𝒆𝒏 "𝑨𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒓 𝒍𝒂 𝒔𝒐𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒊ó𝒏" 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒂 𝒂𝒚𝒖𝒅𝒂𝒓 𝒂 𝒐𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒔 𝒂 𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒂.
    ☑️ 𝑬𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒐 𝑨𝑪𝑬𝑹 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒆 𝒖𝒏 𝒂𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒍 𝒎𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒐 𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒅𝒐.
  • andybaz

:)  i found the specs on the acer website  - is that AIDA64 a programme to down load ?

using onboard  windows programme : mdsched.exe - results show the factory 1 & 2gb ram ok, remove the 1gb and replace with 4gb - run the mdsch.exe and again the programme says all ram is good - but im beginning to suspect not suited to machine.

BSoD 1st line suggest memory issue aswell - images below: or above even - sorry about large size not sure how to make smaller :) .

The KINGSTON 1 & 2 GB are factory - total 3gb

My POWER DIRECTOR s/w has stop correctly requiring more ram, so shop advised a 4gb, flashed the bios from 2.36 to 2.38 and then I get this random blue screen and top line says MEMORY MANAGEMENT - so suspecting I have bought the wrong memory or its just not compatible ??

• It would be easier if you post the settings of the rams memories by downloading the program aida64:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Did you connect the notebook with only the 4GB memory connected? The memories of 2gb and 1gb, have 1333mhz and casency latency 9 while the memory of 4gb has 1600mhz and casency latency 11! They are incompatible with each other! I would try to connect only the 4gb ram memory to see if the problem will occur again!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andybaz
    as I told the shop - the problems started when the new 4gb was fitted an I thought not compatible - but shop took pc an did what they thought to be correct ... the new 4gb fitted and have run programme: MDSCHED.exe and machine reports: MEMORY GOOD - so all 3 rams are good but like you say here - not compatible ..... so I am running the pc for a week on just the 4gb to see what happens
  • Your model introduces these versions of bios:

You can confirm this because I did not find version 2.36 and 2.38 as you said!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andybaz

I used a bios help link from google and followed the steps so I may be behind the times a little but will see what happens with just the 4gb on its own fitted

• You can only upgrade to the same model bios! For example, you can upgrade from p01.a1 to p01.a4, but you will not be able to upgrade to p01.a4L (linux) and you will not be able to upgrade to p01.b1!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andybaz

ok - just ran a bios check - result: mine is P01-A3 ?

• andybaz

so do we suggest I need BIOS P01-B1

• Is the notebook a problem when you only connected the 4gb ram memory? There is no update available for your model! You can not upgrade from p01-a3 to p01-b1! Do you show the configuration of the other memories rams using aida64?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• andybaz

Bios updated as seen here -update taken from the acer website - the tower is currently only fitted with the 4gb ram, i have used SEATOOLS for windows and run LONG checks on all hard drives, i have run mdsched.exe for ram checks on all individual rams - the 1 - 2 & 4gb rams are not deffective - but yes the clock speeds clash - so i only currently have the 4GB ram fitted and monitoring to see how things go.