Hard drive missing with Linux installation

esc11
esc11 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I recently bought a Acer swift 3 sf314-54
I am trying to install Linux mint alongside windows 10.
However the hard drive is not showing up in the Linux installation (no option "install alongside windows")
I have disabled secure boot as well as fast boot.
What else can I try to do?

Answers

• Current notebooks come with uefi enabled! As a result, hd is converted to gpt, and it is only acceptable to install an x64 operating system! To do a dual boot, you must download an iso x64 from linux mint!
    See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxepmtjmilQ

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • esc11
    I have the 64x iso file.
    I am getting to the installation but just not being given the option to install on the internal hd.
  • maybe install the sata driver for this model for linux! Can you hit a photo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • esc11
    As you can see the hard drive does not appear.

Where should I install the sata driver to?

• esc11
    Also when I use the demo version of linux, I have no access to the hd
  • OK! As windows 10 is installed, then probably the fast start up should be enabled in the power options! Disable fast start up and restart the computer and restart the installation:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• esc11
    I have already done this. I have also disabled secure boot.
  • OK! Try to create a new hd partition through windows by clicking decrease volume: 

Then reboot and see if this partition is shown in the installation!Can you expand these areas?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• esc11
    I have also tried this
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    Do you set the bios to boot in uefi or legacy mode? You should put it in uefi mode and disable the secureboot!

https://lcomlinux.wordpress.com/2015/11/20/instalar-o-linux-mint-17-1-em-dual-boot-com-o-windows-10-em-sistemas-uefi/

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• esc11
    This option is not available in my bios.
    I am trying to find it.
  • It should be in the boot, boot mode - uefi! However some models are already definitely coming in uefi mode! Your model does not have this function to change from uefi to legacy!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• esc11
    It should be in the boot, boot mode - uefi! However some models are already definitely coming in uefi mode! Your model does not have this function to change from uefi to legacy!

So what should I do?
  • esc11
    I can't access the hd with Linux
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited October 2018
    OK! Try this by initializing windows 10:
    a) press windows + r and type msconfig! go to system boot and select safe boot:

b) on restart press f2 and go to main section! change the option rst with optane to ahci and press f10 to save when exiting:

c) Let windows enter safe mode to reinstall the drivers:
    d) Then put the pendrive with linux and initialize the installation of it
    See you here: https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=261506

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• esc11
    I tried this but then windows will no longer load. It gets stuck on "preparing automatic repair"
  • esc11
    This is however a solution because I can see the hd in linux
  • That's why I said to turn on safe mode! Did you enable safe mode?
    Go back in the bios and switch to rst with optane! But wait for him to do the automatic repair!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Did you turn on security mode like I said earlier?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer