My Helios 300 G3-571 setup, liquid cooled!

Shayd
Shayd Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
I thought I would share my setup and modification! Created an LCU pipe attachment which can fit a vacuum fan between the pipes, and I made a pretty cheap mouse bungee to reduce cord drag using a cable tack and rubber band.

Comments

• iionas
    iionas Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

thats nuts! grats 
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    @Shayd = Legend 😎
    - Hotel Hero
  • Red-Sand
    edited October 2018
    @Acer-Cory @Acer-Jose @Acer-Manny you might like this
    - Hotel Hero
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    WOW! It looks awesome, the cord bungee for the mouse is a genius idea that a lot of us can use.

Great Job!
    Acer-Manny 
  • Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,336 Community Administrator
    Shayd said:
    I thought I would share my setup and modification! Created an LCU pipe attachment which can fit a vacuum fan between the pipes, and I made a pretty cheap mouse bungee to reduce cord drag using a cable tack and rubber band.

That LCU is pretty ingenious :+1:

I like the mouse bungee idea, this has given me inspiration.  I literally just put a piece of tape to reduce the drag, it works for the most part but now I'm just inspired to try something new!
  • Shayd
    Shayd Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Thanks for the comments! The mouse bungee idea came about while I was shopping for one. I couldn't find any that would mount under the desk, and I don't like having my mouse on top of the desk. A simple cable tack and elastic band solved the issue, and works great.
    The LCU pipe is a very easy modification as well. It's just an attachment that sits on top of the heatsink, is easily removable, and doesn't interfere with the original cooling. I bought a spare bottom chassis to remove the faux vent area for the pipes to extend. The only work on the original Helios was just cleaning a little paint off of the heatsink where the attachment sits. I plan to buy 3D owltip aeroblade fans and a 144hz screen when possible as well.
  • Red-Sand
    Detachable LCU.. 😍😍😍
    - Hotel Hero