About battery life performance

PrabinGautam
PrabinGautam Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I had Brought a laptop yesterday and roday I realize that my battery is decreasing fast .My laptop model is 

Nitro AN515-51

And Part Number: NH.Q2RSG.009
Should I replace my laptop or not 
My battery loses about 32% in 1 hours 

Best Answers

• PrabinGautam
    Answer ✓
    And now it loses 40% in 1 hours .Please help me
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The fact that the battery is being drained quickly does not mean that there is a problem with the battery! It may just be a setup issue!
    First make sure your notebook is set to balanced or power-saving mode in the power options:

As you recently purchased the notebook, has the battery been calibrated as recommended in the manual?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Did you calibrate the battery so it can show the correct time?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    It may also not reporting the correct readings, you could try calibrating the battery manually, please follow the instructions in the link .
    You can also try reinstalling Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery driver, go to Device manager, expand Batteries, highlight Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery, right click and select properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/172271/how-to-calibrate-your-laptops-battery-for-accurate-battery-life-estimates/

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    I would like you to type the following commands in cmd as administrator: powercfg /batteryreport /output "C:\battery_report.html"

Then go to c:\ and open the file battery_report

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Answers

• PrabinGautam
    Answer ✓
    And now it loses 40% in 1 hours .Please help me
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    The fact that the battery is being drained quickly does not mean that there is a problem with the battery! It may just be a setup issue!
    First make sure your notebook is set to balanced or power-saving mode in the power options:

As you recently purchased the notebook, has the battery been calibrated as recommended in the manual?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Did you calibrate the battery so it can show the correct time?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    It may also not reporting the correct readings, you could try calibrating the battery manually, please follow the instructions in the link .
    You can also try reinstalling Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery driver, go to Device manager, expand Batteries, highlight Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery, right click and select properties, go to Driver tab and uninstall the driver, reboot and let Windows install the driver.
    https://www.howtogeek.com/172271/how-to-calibrate-your-laptops-battery-for-accurate-battery-life-estimates/

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    I would like you to type the following commands in cmd as administrator: powercfg /batteryreport /output "C:\battery_report.html"

Then go to c:\ and open the file battery_report

egydiocoelho Trailblazer