Where can I safely download the "dbghelp.dll" application?

sarafibi
sarafibi Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
I have been trying to launch Spotify and I keep getting an error message saying:
"C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dbghelp.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support." 

And then it says "Cannot find dbghelp.dll. Please re-install this application."

I never had this problem until today and I don't remember deleting this file (why would I?!) but I'm guessing I have to download it now.

Any help about where to download it safely, and if there is any underlying problem which might have caused the error in the first place, is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    sarafibi
    Please try to download and install the 
    Spotifyapplication from Microsoft store.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/spotify-music/9ncbcszsjrsb#activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • sarafibi
    sarafibi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you, but I already have Spotify installed on my computer. :) Sorry, I should have made my question clearer!

I'm trying to download the dbghelp.dll application - for some reason it has gone from my computer, and the error message saying so appears when I try to open Spotify. I don't know if Spotify itself caused the problem or if there is another underlying issue.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited October 2018
    sarafibi 
    Since you are getting this error message is displayed when you open the Spotify application, you may completely uninstall and reinstall this application.
    You can also try the below mentioned steps to fix this issue :
    Please run the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool prior to running the System File Checker.  

>>In the search box on the taskbar, enter Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select Run as administrator.Type the following command, and then press Enter.  It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /RestorehealthWhen you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions.>>System File Checker is a utility in Windows 10 that checks for system file corruption. In the search box on the taskbar, enter Command Prompt. Press and hold (or right-click) Command Prompt (Desktop app) from the search results and select Run as administrator.Enter sfc /scannow
    >> If the above steps fail, you may go ahead and download the file:
    6.1.7601.17514 - 64 Bit (x64) Download directly this version

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
This discussion has been closed.