Cannot get a stable connection on my XZ321Q

zeroreg
zeroreg Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Hi all

This monitor was working perfectly well, then started to lose connection and cycle through, shows the desktop for a couple for seconds and cycles through again.
I sent the monitor for a warranty repair which Acer did, replacing the main board for TPV, so imaging my surprise when I plug it back in and it still cycles through looking for a connection.

I have tried every possible cable HDMI, DP and MiniDP and nothing. I tried the monitor on my sons PC (which has the same CPU, GPU and RAM) and it worked perfectly. I have also plugged in three different laptops and they all work fine with the monitor.

I had my GPU in vertical orientation, so I thought the PCIe extender cable may have been fault, so purchase a new one, but still no joy. I have removed the vertical mount and have the GPU mounted normally via a PCIe slot on the motherboard. And as you can see from the picture below the card is fine and more than capable of running two screens one HDMI and the other DVI. Unfortunately I do not have another monitor with Display Port so cannot check that.

I am running a Windows 10 Pro, Asus ROG crosshair v formula-z, 8350CPU, 16GB Ram, XFX RX480 GTR (8GB RAM), Corsair 650i PSU
I have made sure that all the drivers are up-to-date, flashed the bios and still the same result.

Does anyone have any ideas, what might be causing this issue?

Regards

Zeroreg

Answers