Ethernet Not working properly - Ends in connection fail.

ravin
ravin Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi. I am trying to connect my hardware board(say like raspberry pi) using my acer predator helios 300.
Here is what I did:

1. Connected my laptop wifi to my mobile personal hotspot [Strength is very good]
2. Enabled the network sharing in properties of wifi .
3. Ethernet plugged in to the  hardware board(say like raspberry pi) . 
4. Ethernet is unable to fetch the internet. When I look at the properties , the sent and received has following:
sent around 2000 and received as 0
Plus IPV4 connectivity of Ethernet cable is showing as no connection.

I was able to do the same thing in my laptop few days ago but all of a sudden it stopped working. Itried enable/disable, obtain UP automically and all stuffs. still no result.
Any fix?

laptop acer predator helios 300

Regards
Ravi.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Hi @ravin

can you check if the sharing is enabled for ethernet connection under change adapter settings in network and sharing center.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • ravin

Tinkerer

@Rudy21 Hi, yes it is enabled.
    The sad thing is this is happening at random times and when this issue occurs then for the next two to three days i cant work on ethernet.

• Rudy21
    ravin said:
    @Rudy21 Hi, yes it is enabled.
    The sad thing is this is happening at random times and when this issue occurs then for the next two to three days i cant work on ethernet.

are the network adapters up to date. if not please download it from acer website and install them. Most of these random cases happens if the drivers are not up to date.
  • ravin

Tinkerer

@Rudy21 I have to open the device manager and click on network adapters and update them right? There are like 7 to 10 in the list. I should do it individually for all of them?
  • Rudy21
    ravin said:
    @Rudy21 I have to open the device manager and click on network adapters and update them right? There are like 7 to 10 in the list. I should do it individually for all of them?
    No check for the Ethernet drivers version and check the same in acer website and if the one installed in your computer is lower version then download the one from acer website and install it.
  • ravin

Tinkerer

@Rudy21 Right on. I will go ahead give it a try and get back on this issue. Thanks
  • Rudy21
    ravin said:
    @Rudy21 Right on. I will go ahead give it a try and get back on this issue. Thanks
    Cheers..
  • ravin

Tinkerer

@Rudy21 Al drivers are up to date. still 
    it is showing as less value and IPV4 connectivity as no internet access and packets just "255" when it should be more