Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-51 WL) [i5 7300q GTX 1050Ti 8GB DDR4 2133mhz 256GB nVME SSD 512GB SSD] Drivers

faisiDev
faisiDev Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi all,

My question is regarding drivers for this laptop, Acer has listed very old drivers for almost all components, my concern here is for GPU and other components, should I Update nVidia's driver from Geforce Experience, or wait for WHQL; Acer provided drivers? Thanks.

Best Answers

• faisiDev
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    I would suggest you to continue to use drivers provided by Acer, even they are old, if they are working properly, you don't have to install new drivers from manufacturers, Acer drivers are tailored to suit Acer product and the drivers released by the components manufactures are for several makes of laptops/PCs in general.
    Okay buddy.
  • MaxGamer
    MaxGamer Member Posts: 110 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hello, 
    As @brummyfan2 said, you should always try to use Acer provided drivers for your laptop, but also keep on a lookout for possible conflicts with Windows new updates like the October Update. 

For example, Acer has not updated Intel Graphics Driver for a long time. I updated my Acer Nitro AN515-52 to Windows 10 October Build 17763 and got to know about a bug which causes battery drain and more CPU usage if yoyou are using old drivers. In this case I downloaded latest driver from Intel to fix the bug as said by Microsoft. So it is recommended to use Acer drivers only till you find or encounter a bug/problem.

I hope Acer releases new drivers for Windows 10 October update soon. 
    Don't forget to accept my answer if I was able to help you out!
    Just a tech enthusiast who tries to help other people : )

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

Acer Support: https://support.acer.com/

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    I would suggest you to continue to use drivers provided by Acer, even they are old, if they are working properly, you don't have to install new drivers from manufacturers, Acer drivers are tailored to suit Acer product and the drivers released by the components manufactures are for several makes of laptops/PCs in general.
  • faisiDev
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Okay buddy.
  • MaxGamer
    MaxGamer Member Posts: 110 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hello, 
    As @brummyfan2 said, you should always try to use Acer provided drivers for your laptop, but also keep on a lookout for possible conflicts with Windows new updates like the October Update. 

For example, Acer has not updated Intel Graphics Driver for a long time. I updated my Acer Nitro AN515-52 to Windows 10 October Build 17763 and got to know about a bug which causes battery drain and more CPU usage if yoyou are using old drivers. In this case I downloaded latest driver from Intel to fix the bug as said by Microsoft. So it is recommended to use Acer drivers only till you find or encounter a bug/problem.

I hope Acer releases new drivers for Windows 10 October update soon. 
    Don't forget to accept my answer if I was able to help you out!
    Just a tech enthusiast who tries to help other people : )

Acer Nitro AN515-52-593F ||Intel Core i5-8300H upto 4.00 GHz/GTX1050/8GB 2666 MHz DDR4 RAM/1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD+16B Intel Optane Memory||

Acer Support: https://support.acer.com/