How I can boot my acer with m.2 pcie?

Options
Arebyk
Arebyk Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives

I have Acer Aspire Nitro 5 dated 2015 VN7-571G-54P5 with 1GB HDD, 8GB RAM, Windows 10 Home

I thought It is time to upgrade and for not small amount I bought ADATA M.2 pcie with 480GB and 8GB RAM for upgrade.

I can see drive with Windows 10, I can install Windows on it, I can clone HDD to M.2 with Macrium Reflect but I can't boot from M.2 pcie disk with the latest uefi bios v1.14

I can't see this drive on boot device list.

So, how I can boot my acer with m.2 pcie drive?

Best Answers

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    I think this model doesn't support NVMe SSDs, I haven't seen anyone installing a NVMe SSD in this model, please read this thread for more information:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/549873/does-my-vn7-571g-544w-support-nvme-ssd
  • Arebyk
    Options
    Thank you.
    Exact SSD PCIe is ADATA XPG SX8200 Gen3x4 M.2 2280 model.
    In real, disk works: you can read from and copy to it, either install Windows 10. ADATA Support ToolBox shows Ge2x2 speed.
    I just can't boot from it. I tried tricks with superuser password and UEFI manipulation. It doesn't appear to choose for boot.

Can you direct me to place where I can download technical specification for that exact motheboard?

• brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Arebyk said:
    Thank you.
    Exact SSD PCIe is ADATA XPG SX8200 Gen3x4 M.2 2280 model.
    In real, disk works: you can read from and copy to it, either install Windows 10. ADATA Support ToolBox shows Ge2x2 speed.
    I just can't boot from it. I tried tricks with superuser password and UEFI manipulation. It doesn't appear to choose for boot.

Can you direct me to place where I can download technical specification for that exact motheboard?
    You are welcome, I'm sorry I can not share the service guide link with you but I can show you some relevant parts you needed.

• Arebyk
    Options

Ok. Super.

One more question: Do you know SATA III 6Gb/s, 512GB will boot either or it is somehow limited by interface adress bus to 256GB?

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Arebyk said:

Ok. Super.

One more question: Do you know SATA III 6Gb/s, 512GB will boot either or it is somehow limited by interface adress bus to 256GB?

Hi,
    Acer must have tested with a maximum of 256GB and the recommend it, 512GB may or may not boot, if you can buy the 512GB SSD from a retailer who has a good returns policy like Amazon, you could try it, if that doesn't work return it and get 256GB.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Is this ssd being identified in the bios in the information section? If so, then maybe you should convert to gpt to work in uefi mode!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)