No Portal Support, but still telling me... Make it stop!

XylophoniX
XylophoniX Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I have had to endure the popup telling me to install the BYOC software that I never wanted for a year now. Finally it has lost support and stopped popping up every time I restart my computer, but now it's popping up telling me that it will be out of support 3 days ago! Acer, I like to play resource heavy games. I uninstall everything I don't need, and make as few things as possible load on startup. I refuse to install your software on MY COMPUTER, but you don't give me a way to make it stop harassing me. Tell me what registry entry I need to add/remove/modify to make this stop. I WILL NOT INSTALL YOUR SOFTWARE!

This is the pop-up.

This is the link to your FAQ on the pop-up.

This is ridiculous, and a terrible business practice. Stop harassing your customers, or lose them.

Best Answer

Answers

• XylophoniX

Tinkerer

This is the only answer I can find, and I have spent more than an hour on more than one day looking... I am so tired of this.

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/547042/end-of-service-notification - Answer: Ignore it... Not acceptable!

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/465483/how-to-stop-byoc-popup-on-startup - Answer: Install it... NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Acer. Fix it, NOW!
  • Send a private message to @Acer-Manny or @Acer-Karp! This is happening, as acer will no longer provide support for these applications! It's really bad to be getting this message, but @Acer-Manny is trying to solve this problem in the best way possible!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • XylophoniX

Tinkerer

I have an idea. Don't write software that forces pop-ups.
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Acer has stopped providing all technical support for Acer BYOC Apps (abApps) as of September 30, 2018. Files from other abApps will still be able to be found in their original devices without being affected.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • XylophoniX

Tinkerer

Fantastic! Thank you! I had no idea Windows10 was using phone apps, now I have a bunch more garbage to uninstall.
  • Askerton
    Askerton Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same problem. I have never used this and I am not interested
  • rward11
    rward11 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Does Acer have anything to do with this site?  If they do, why don't they answer the question.    
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)