I just got end of Service Notification w/o backing up, How to get items ?? plz n ty....

lacoleis2
lacoleis2 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
Aspire ES 15     ES1-521-88OK      OS Windows 10

Hi, I just received (2018/10/03) the End of Service Notification for 2018/09/30. I opened the FAQ on the notice, tried everything in the second paragraph w/o success. I have tried to open my Acer Portal but it won't let me ?? I am not sure why I didn't get the notice until today ?? I'm assuming this question has been asked and answered but please, How do I get my photos and docs ?? Can I still back them up, if I can get them ?? If they are only stopping Tech support why can't the apps still run/work ?? Should I delete them after/if I find my stuff ??

On a side notice, is there a 'make me invisible' option in the community, change picture and change 'newbie' status ??

Since I'm already asking questions....I have Freddi Fish and Pyjama Sam games still from my now grown children that I want to let my grandchildren play but am getting the 'Not Compatible' error. I'm using an external drive, disc is in very good condition (considering age, lol), I have tried to Troubleshoot Device/Hardware and tested but no luck. Can I adjust some settings to get it working ?? 

Please and thank you....

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Hi @lacoleis2

Dont worry, this is just a notification to let you know the service was discontinued. Your data is still safe in the unit.

You can navigate to the "C" folder in This PC and go to program files and look for ABphotos for photos that you have saved on ABphotos. Similarly do the same with ABfiles for files and ABmusic for any music stored.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer