Z630 update to marshmellow: any possibility to a "safe" upgrade?

Options
taurinella
taurinella Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 18 in 2018 Archives
I have read all the old posts on the Forum. I understand Acer decision is not to support any more with upgrades and bringing new Smartphones on the market.
I am very happy with my Z630 and I would like to use it for at least one more year. 
Further I was very happy with Acer Customer service and I regret to abandon Acer with my new future smartphone.
In this one left year enjoying my unique Acer, is there any "safe" possibility to upgrade? 
Please note I have a Z630 not a Z630s!
Looking forward to positive news! 

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Options
    @taurinella

You can go to settings > about phone and click on check for updates if any updates are found you can update it. This is the safest way to update any smartphone.

However, i do not see any new update being released for this model. There are others ways to update the OS not just marshmallow it can be upgraded to the latest version PIE but it is not the safest way.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • taurinella
    taurinella Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    That was clear to me! Maybe I should say than "half-safe" way? 
    Any of ACER engineers "half-tested" some installation? 
    If ACER does not support us any more, cannot any of them provide some "half-tested" versions that can install like a normal update so that we do not have to flash our mobile ourselves? 
    I would be happy with Android 6. Of course Android 7 would be even better.