End of Service notification

Lobsters
Lobsters Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Dear Acer,

Please stop spamming me with your End of Service notification 5-8 times a day a week after the end date, like you have been daily for months now.

"I GOT IT" already.

Spitefully yours,
Blah.

Best Answer

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi Lobsters,

Sorry to hear this, can you give us more details?

Do you have any BYOC software installed in your computer?
    If you do, you may want to uninstall it as its why the message keeps showing up.

Are you getting this notifications via email?
    If you do, please let us know so we can escalate to the appropriate department to have you removed from the emailing list. 

Are you getting this through Acer Care Center app?
    Please send me a PM with your email address and unit serial number for follow up.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • Lobsters
    Lobsters Member Posts: 2 New User
    I presume Acer care centre it's a popup - regarding Acer portal services, happens every time I boot up, reboot and just every now and then.

Surely there's a way to disable notifications?
  • Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Acer has stopped providing all technical support for Acer BYOC Apps (abApps) as of September 30, 2018. Files from other abApps will still be able to be found in their original devices without being affected.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Riet
    Riet Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've got the same problem, whenever I switch PC on, I get this "End of Service Notification". I clicked onto "I've got it", but the message reappears. How can I disable it?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Hi Riet,

Sorry to hear this, but you have to follow the steps from the following link to disable it: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/60518

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • mazRul
    mazRul Member Posts: 1 New User
    which one of the following, or do I have to unistall them all?

• ruudboy66
    ruudboy66 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hey Acer Manny can you please answer mazRul's question I would like to know too. 
  • ruudboy66
    ruudboy66 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I installed CC Cleaner, clicked on Tools and Acer Portal was still showing as a program to uninstall even though I had previously uninstalled it from Control Panel.  So I uninstalled Acer Portal again using CC Cleaner.  No notifications as yet so hopefully FIXED
  • race76
    race76 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have opened Task Manager when this happens, and it shows up as abSunset, which I googled and found out that it is apparently a Trojan virus.  I went and searched for it in file manager to see where these files were, and I found 3, one in Acer Portal from 10/2/2017, one in abFiles from 9/28/2017, and one in abPhoto from 9/22/2017.  Any idea why this is on my pc, how to remove it, and why it is causing these popups? 
  • whataloadoftrash
    whataloadoftrash Member Posts: 1 New User
    race76 said:
    I have opened Task Manager when this happens, and it shows up as abSunset, which I googled and found out that it is apparently a Trojan virus.  I went and searched for it in file manager to see where these files were, and I found 3, one in Acer Portal from 10/2/2017, one in abFiles from 9/28/2017, and one in abPhoto from 9/22/2017.  Any idea why this is on my pc, how to remove it, and why it is causing these popups? 
    Hi man, I'll help you out since nobody working for Acer on these forums seems to be able to read. It's not a trojan virus, there's just a virus going around with the same name. Go to settings, then Apps, then Apps & Features and uninstall every ab-app (abPhotos for example) and the AOP framework. That should get rid of the notifications.