HAS ANYONE GOT ANY SOLUTION ABOUT THE ACER SWIFT 3 PLUGGED IN GAMING LAG ISSUE?

mandee
mandee Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
HELLO. I recently bought the swift 3 model SF315-51G(MX150,8GB RAM,i5-8250U @ 1.60 GHz VERSION). Everything is working fine except for the gaming performance, when plugged in. Whenever a game is played on battery it works almost fine. I have searched for solution everywhere but couldn't be able to find any solution. Also, I did tried changing the power options and even installed msi booster, but in vain. Hope someone helps me out here!
THANK YOU.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,328 Pathfinder
    mandee 
    It is possible that you have a lower performance setting for mains power than for battery. For example the battery has 3.23 Amps output that is bigger then 2.37 Amps output of your AC adapter. You can have bigger Amp but not smaller amperage, your adapter isn't able to provide sufficient power. Switching to a higher wattage adapter will fix, however it is always recommended to use Acer recommended AC adapter.
    Check if your computer is performing some other tasks only when plugged in, like running antivirus scans, windows backup, or windows update. It could be this unrelated coincidence that makes your games un slower when you plug in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • mandee
    edited October 2018
    Sharanji said:
    mandee 
    It is possible that you have a lower performance setting for mains power than for battery. For example the battery has 3.23 Amps output that is bigger then 2.37 Amps output of your AC adapter. You can have bigger Amp but not smaller amperage, your adapter isn't able to provide sufficient power. Switching to a higher wattage adapter will fix, however it is always recommended to use Acer recommended AC adapter.
    Check if your computer is performing some other tasks only when plugged in, like running antivirus scans, windows backup, or windows update. It could be this unrelated coincidence that makes your games un slower when you plug in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    How do i know whether my current charger is of 45W or 65W? It is not given on the adapter. BTW is it an BIOS issue,which will be fixed soon with an update?
  • mandee
    Hey Sharanji, I already have the 65W adapter. So, I don't think it is having the issue you are talking about. And there are no updates or scanning going on while plugged. So, I think it's an different issue here. :anguished:
  • anuragkarwa001
    anuragkarwa001 Member Posts: 2 New User
    i am also facing the same issue nd some users are also facing the graphic card issue why dont acer care for their coustmer and help them out
  • ad6g7g8g
    ad6g7g8g Member Posts: 3 New User
    February 3 and this issue isn't fixed yet. It seems to be a BIOS issue and can be fixed with an update but then Acer hasn't released any bios updates even though many people have brought up this issue.