Getting the dreaded Line down middle bug here and there XB271HU Predator issue

Options
Demon09
Demon09 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
I read the official reply on this . But I am wondering if sending the unit it for anyone has rectified the issue or I just have to hope turning it off then back on keeps fixing it? my firmware version is 20170206_0_3025_15. its to bad there is no way for end users just to update the firmware seems kinda meh to have to send in my monitor for service that might fix the issue.

Answers

• Demon09
    Options
    also when looking how to msg acer manny as some of the forums said I see no way to PM him I might just be blind and missing it 
  • Demon09
    Options
    found it maybe I had to have a comment also. really hoping there is some real solution to this other then send it for a service and hope the new firmware fixes it 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options

Hi Demon09,

We would like to apologize again to all users who are experiencing the reported issue with their monitor.  The issue is caused by the G-Sync firmware, and impacts monitors from a variety of manufacturers. The resolution is to have the monitor updated to the latest G-Sync firmware at an authorized Acer repair facility.  The issue should be resolved for firmware versions 160613 and newer. Even with the newly applied firmware, there are rare and isolated instances where you may encounter the issue. If you do, we suggest turning your monitor off, then back on.

You can verify your monitor firmware version by entering factory mode. You should be very careful not to change any setting when infactory mode. Use the steps below to check your firmware version.

1.    With the monitor turned off, press the Game mode key and power button.

2.    After 1 second the monitor will enter factor mode

3.    Locate the line for firmware and verify you have at least firmware 160613 or newer.

4.    Press the Menu button or select Factory Reset to exit factory mode.

We will be closing this thread with this post as the official solution. If you have an XB271HU monitor that has firmware version 170904 or newer, and are still experiencing this issue frequently, we encourage you to send us a private message, so we can better assist you and investigate further. If you have a monitor model other than XB271HU, please create a new topic with the model number, first 10 digits of the serial number, a detailed explanation and specifications of the unit you have the monitor connected to, the settings being used and we will gladly discuss the issues you may be experiencing.

Best Regards,

Acer-Manny 

This discussion has been closed.