Helios 500 -- Running Slow

FenixTomatoCo
FenixTomatoCo Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Already having issues with this new laptop. Switched over to laptop from desktop due to being a truck driver. There is nothing on the laptop that wasn't on the desktop and the desktop ran like it was bran new for years. The only changes I can think of is plays.tv and Gears of War 4.

I have been trying to narrow down on the problem but honestly it's weird. A restart seems to fix the issue temporarily. The system gets slow at loading stuff that shouldn't load slow like League of Legends and an investor software. Not large programs. I checked task manager and there is nothing even coming close to pushing it's capabilities. It's just slow for seemly no reason. When I do a restart, it restarts lighting fast

When I load League it will bug splat and I will kill the program in task manager and then the game will load again and bug splat (critical error notification) without me telling it too! 

I installed and ran anti-virus software and it didn't find anything at all. I'm careful about where I browse and what I click on.

Other games will load then just shut off like Fallout 4. Rainbow Six: Siege loads very slowly and I keep getting kicked.

I cannot be a cyber warrior with this sorcery in my computer. Anyone know

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You can also try disabling some services and programs

Then restart your computer:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    edited September 2018
    Have you tried disabling fast start up in the power options to see if the problem is resolved?

Hd is also guilty of slowness since a ssd has a much higher speed of writing and reading!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Did you update your nvidia driver via geforce experience?
    - Hotel Hero
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi @FenixTomatoCo
    if your boot drive is nearly full
     that could be a reason. Also running a machine without a hard reboot (complete shutdown and restart) can cause some issues as RAM that should be completely released when you quit a program,
    You can also follow this Steps:-

1-just remove all unwanted startup programs they slow down the computer boot

2-remove all unwanted software 

:-Control Panel, go to the Search field at the top-right of the window and type Performance. Now hit Enter.

Now find Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.

Go to the Advanced tab and click on Change in the Virtual Memory section.

Now uncheck the option “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.”

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • @TECH_MAN! Windows needs the paging file! It is not recommended to disable it, but you can decrease the size!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FenixTomatoCo

Tinkerer

Red-Sand said:
    Did you update your nvidia driver via geforce experience?
    No I havent messed with any drivers yet. I didn't want to open a can of worms and make it worse possibly until I've tried other stuff. 

When i get home I'll try some of the tips posted. Not as technical as I used to be. Some of this stuff is new.
  • Red-Sand said:
    Did you update your nvidia driver via geforce experience?
    No I havent messed with any drivers yet. I didn't want to open a can of worms and make it worse possibly until I've tried other stuff. 

When i get home I'll try some of the tips posted. Not as technical as I used to be. Some of this stuff is new.

Ah well if you checkout my Review of the Helios 500 pinned to the main thread there is a bug I found with the original Nvidia driver that comes shipped with the laptop. It auto uninstalls itself, you gotta update the Nvidia driver (the latest works good) from geforce experience and you should be good to go.
    - Hotel Hero
  • FenixTomatoCo

Tinkerer

I am going through these suggesting now. I'll let ya'll know what works so other people can prosper and slay this witchcraft.
  • Yeah I'm very interested to see what fixes it. The H500 has been nothing but an absolute monster for everyone I know.
    - Hotel Hero
  • PredatorHelios500
    PredatorHelios500 Member Posts: 74 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I once bought a laptop that ran WAY slower than it should have. Turned out to be a bad motherboard. I have no idea if that's the case here.

Cheers,
    H500 owner
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    You can also try disabling some services and programs

Then restart your computer:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Worst offenders towards SSD life:
    1. Search indexer
    2. Quick Startup
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • FenixTomatoCo

Tinkerer

Sorry for the late reply. I had to go haul freight.

I went through and tried most of these things suggested and no change. Siege still loads ungodly slow for the small game it is.

However Fallout 4 is finally loading. My computer went through a bunch of updates, as it always does when I get off the road. Also, the Predator installed a system update during preboot. Maybe BIOS? I don't know.

I will try some of the other games I got. Maybe it's just a Siege problem now.

• Uninstall programs like norton for example! There is no need to keep it installed because windows has the defender!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FenixTomatoCo

Tinkerer

Uninstall programs like norton for example! There is no need to keep it installed because windows has the defender!
    That's the first thing I do when I buy an already built puter. I take all that junk off. :)
  • FenixTomatoCo

Tinkerer

I do believe I have purged the demons from my Predator.

When I opened up task manager it was telling me a very different story today from what I saw 3 weeks ago. I saw my memory was being utilized at 15.9GB. So I noticed the Predator Sense program was eating up like 9 GB of memory by itself. That admin program thing. Guess I didn't uninstall all the junk. I left that one thinking I might need it.

So far everything has been having. Thanks ya'll! Happy gaming.
  • Great! Did you finally solve the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FenixTomatoCo

Tinkerer

Great! Did you finally solve the problem?

It looks like it. Everything is loading faster close to what would be expected and games aren't crashing anymore. That Predator Sense program has a nasty memory leak it looks like.

• Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Great! Did you finally solve the problem?

It looks like it. Everything is loading faster close to what would be expected and games aren't crashing anymore. That Predator Sense program has a nasty memory leak it looks like.

Read my Helios 500 review pinned to the main forum for Predator Laptops in the "Bugs" section.. I describe a fix for memory leak.
    - Hotel Hero
  • Could you post the link here @Red-Sand?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer