Acer Aspire S3-392G RAM Upgrade

Options
pmcl
pmcl Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi, I'm interesting in upgrading the RAM in my laptop and was wondering if this is possible? I have read online that the RAM is soldered on, but Crucial's website tells me there is a free slot.

The full model number is S3-392G-54 204G50tws.

Thanks

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,764 Pathfinder
    Options
    @pmcl
    Acer Aspire S3-392G
    • Intel Core i5-4200U.
    • NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M - 1024 MB, Core: 575-941 MHz, Memory: 900 MHz, Forceware 327.41, Optimus.
    • , DDR3, Dual-Channel, soldered, no memory slots.
    • 13.3 inch 16:9, 1920 x 1080 pixel, 10 point multi-touch, AU Optronics B133HAN03.2, IPS, glossy: yes.
    • Intel Lynx Point-LP.
    Its is Soldered

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • pmcl
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Jack22 said:
    @pmcl
    Acer Aspire S3-392G
    • Intel Core i5-4200U.
    • NVIDIA GeForce GT 735M - 1024 MB, Core: 575-941 MHz, Memory: 900 MHz, Forceware 327.41, Optimus.
    • , DDR3, Dual-Channel, soldered, no memory slots.
    • 13.3 inch 16:9, 1920 x 1080 pixel, 10 point multi-touch, AU Optronics B133HAN03.2, IPS, glossy: yes.
    • Intel Lynx Point-LP.
    Its is Soldered

So there is absolutely no way to upgrade the RAM? Using my laptop's serial number I checked Acer's website for the datasheet. It states the standard memory is 4GB but maximum memory is 10GB?
  • Sharanji
    Options
    pmcl 
    If you have the same model listed in the below weblink, you should be able to upgrade the memory modules.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/379151/s3-392g-ram-slots-upgrades

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question
  • pmcl
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Sharanji said:
    pmcl 
    If you have the same model listed in the below weblink, you should be able to upgrade the memory modules.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/379151/s3-392g-ram-slots-upgrades

Yes both my model and the model from your link are the same. Where did you find that image? I've had a look online but I couldn't find any tutorials/instructions specific to the 392/392G.
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    Options
    pmcl said:
    Yes both my model and the model from your link are the same. Where did you find that image? I've had a look online but I couldn't find any tutorials/instructions specific to the 392/392G.
    If it is same model, you may go ahead and upgrade the memory modules. 
    You need to remove the Lower Case, Remove the Battery Pack and  HDD Module,  Detach the touchpad cable, Remove the fan, Release the WLAN antenna cables. Gently turn the mainboard over to access the bottom side of the mainboard. Insert the memory module into the DIMM slot and then press it down until it locks into place.

• all_abouteck
    all_abouteck Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    the Acer Aspire S3-392G actually supports one more RAM module, not exceeding 8GB. 2GB is soldered and maximum supported Capacity is 10GB. 

I just upgraded my laptop to 10GB with 8GB PC12800 DDR3 1600MHz RAM module from CORSAIR. 

You actually have to do a complete disassembly to access RAM slot. it's under the motherboard. You have to lift up the motherboard from the laptop to access the slot. I wouldn't recommend it to do it unless you have some basic computer disassembly knowledge. You could damage the whole system.

So please careful and do it at your own risk. better to give it local repair shop to do it.
  • DirkieKirkie
    DirkieKirkie Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi all, I see Jack2 states as follows:  "soldered, no memory slots."

But then Sharanjij says as follows: "
     Acer Aspire S3-392G actually supports one more RAM module, not exceeding 8GB. 2GB is soldered and maximum supported Capacity is 10GB."

I have a Acer Aspire S3-392G-54214G52tws (with 4GB soldered memory) so would I also be able to upgrade from a lousy 4GB to 10GB? 

Thanks in advance! 
This discussion has been closed.