B286HK black screen/flicker

Options
babno
babno Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited September 2018 in Monitors
My monitor is about 2 years old and has always done this (support told me sometimes it works so I'm SOL with them), but with varying likelihood. It could work the first time, or I could try 30 times till it works. When I press the power button one of the following 3 scenarios will happen. If it goes to sleep that will also roll the die again.

1) The monitor is black (but a different black than when it's off, so it's displaying this black)

2) The monitor will go from black to the desktop. Usually it will only stay on the desktop for <1 second, but sometimes it stays longer up to ~8 seconds. If it stays longer I'll get periodic horizontal static lines.

3) The monitor works fine.

There is only 1 driver version for this monitor, and I am fully updated on windows (I'm guessing it may not play well with some which is why the rate has varied over time). I am using the display port to support 4k. At one point I found a workaround, where if I turned on the monitor, and then waited until the energy saver icon appeared and did its first move to turn on my PC, then it would work every time. Unfortunately after 3 months or so that no longer worked.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Options
    babno
    Please check and play around with the PIP (picture in picture hotkey) and PBP (Picture by Picture) settings of your monitor.
    Download the User guide for your monitor: Download
    The page number  EN-13 and EN-17 has the required steps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist u further.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • babno

Tinkerer

Options
    The settings don't appear when it's not working so I can't change them to try and fix it. I suppose I could randomly mix them up while it's working but that could potentially make it worse unless you have a specific list of what I should set it to. Everything ought to be on default at the moment.
  • babno

Tinkerer

Options
  • Kenshin_Cloud
    Kenshin_Cloud Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. It will flicker for a second, and I can see my desktop wallpaper, and then it dies again.

The monitor is on, and it is slightly lit up while on a black screen, but it seems like it cannot stay on.

Also I cannot play with the settings, since the monitor settings will not come up while the monitor isn't working

Please help