Aspire V Nitro Internal Battery (xx%,Not Charging)

trekjetta
trekjetta Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just noticed that my laptop was not powering up when using the battery.  I did the google and YouTube searches as to how to fix it. Needless to say none of them covered the real problem.  I did the battery reset, unplugged the battery and push the power button. NOPE didn't work.   I noticed that there is a SW1 button on the motherboard that is also opposite of the reset button on the back panel.  So I plugged in the internal battery and pressed the SW1 button....and my laptop powered up.  This had me stumped for a minute until I noticed a piece of foam on the bottom of the keypad panel.  I laid the panel back down and foam rested on top of the SW1 button.  After taking a closer look, I could see where the foam had formed an indentation from the button.  So I found some bumpers I used for the cabinet doors to keep them from slamming.  IT WORKED. 

Comments

• KatherineMM
    KatherineMM Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi. I have an Aspire with internal batt, but it's not charging since last night. It says: Plugged in - 0% not charging. This notebook was so perfect the battery last up to 6 hours. I wanna cry. 
  • Xplaya
    Xplaya Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2019
    I just want to confirm that I had this issue on my VN7-792g. But mine was simple. I never put the screw in after upgrading to SSD drive. There is a screw hole that is next to the battery reset button under the laptop near the center. You NEED a screw in this hole, as this will tighten the keypad to the bottom of the laptop making good contact to this button in the pictures. (This button looks to be a safety button so that you do not accidentally turn on the VN7 while you are working on it.
  • trekjetta
    trekjetta Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

That wasn't my issue. I put everything back from where I removed it.