Casting with Chromebook Tab 10

finnjakelumpy
finnjakelumpy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
Hello all,

Working to see if we can use chrome tab 10's as an enterprise replacement and I noticed a minor issue when casting. If you cast 'tab' everything works normal, but when you 'cast desktop' it flips the screen sideways on the TV. 

Not a TV issue (tried 3 different chromecasts and a native smart TV cast). I've also checked display settings and you can't change those on Tab 10. 

Finally I set it to landscape mode instead of auto rotate, but no joy, same issue.

Any ideas out there? Is it a known issue with Tab 10?

Answers

• finnjakelumpy 
    This seems to be a known issue when using  Chromecast from Chrome and Android devices.
    In Android we can change the settings on our phone , however If you are trying to change the display you're seeing when you cast to your Chromecast on your TV,  there  isn't a way to adjust ther orientation of the screen. These settings should be changed from whatever mobile/PC device you're casting from.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • nickmajor81
    nickmajor81 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I found that same issue when pairing with a bluetooth keyboard. My solution was to set the screen rotation to 270 degrees and it solves the problem.
  • drntcm
    drntcm Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm confirming the issue still exists in Chrome 72.0.3626.117.

Seems simple enough to use the accelerometer to detect the orientation of the screen and match the casting.  I can confirm if external monitors are connected, they will cast OK.  Just the built-in screen shows up sideways.