Acer Predator Helios Laptop turns on/off repeatedly, doesn't display anything on screen

kashifali
kashifali Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
edited April 17 in Predator Laptops
Laptop turns on/off repeatedly, doesn't display anything on screen please help

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,999 Pathfinder
    @kashifali
    power drain: Just check the back of the unit, you can find a pin hole , unplug the charger and turn off the unit. now put a paper clip in the small pin hole and press and hold it for 30 sec.

BIOS default: After power drain is done, power on the u nit, but as soon as you power on the unit keep pressing the F2 key so that it take you to BIOS page. Press F9 and press Enter than press F10 and press Enter. the unit will restart

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    If the above doesn't fix I suggest making sure your outlet is giving the proper voltages to charge your system. If your sure your outlet is good then it could be a faulty connection point in your laptop or insulator in your power brick.

In which case sending to Acer to replace is the best option.
    - Hotel Hero
  • kashifali
    i buy the laptop 24 days Acer Predator Helios 500 power on/off on/off I said the guarantee claim not accepted guarantee on only reason open the check the battery do not buy this laptop 
  • What is your problem exactly?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • VenturaDan
    VenturaDan Member Posts: 24 Troubleshooter
    seems like the battery's connector is malfunctioning , or maybe just isn't plugged tight  enough , if the warranty is void anyways , you should try remove and return it , maybe even check the batterys + \ - with a proper instruments (i am saying all that as an engineering student , you should do it at your own risk)

good luck 
  • Make sure that the interrupt button is pressed properly! Usually located next to ram! It's a button like this:

To resolve this problem, put some layers of electrical tape covering the RAM:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru

Hello kashifali,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with your unit and warranty.  Can you please send me a PM with the S/N of your unit so I can look into this for you?

Thanks,

Acer-Manny

• Beneadan
    Beneadan Member Posts: 8 New User
    I have same problem , after trying to install brand new 2.5 Ssd drive ...it seems that is stuck in some loop  on/off . Now it is in some workshop for motherboard checking i will post comment here after i will find out what is the problem. The thing is that maybe if i wold not have disconected the battery none of this wold have happened but even Acer is recomending these procedure. Warranty void now:) brand new F$& laptop...what a shame hope that we will have some fix for this.
  • Beneadan
    Problem found, motherboard chipset fried due to ...bad quality... overcurrent etc can not say. Chipset can not be found as spare part so my laptop will be sendt to acer to see if can be fixed somehow....but geberally motherboard need to be changed if service can not do the chipset change.
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    Removing battery is a standard procedure and removes risk.

A fried chipset you say?
    What repair shop did you send to?

Chipsets cannot be "replaced" on a laptop and the only repair is motherboard replacement.

Did the "repair" tech say he was looking for a chipset replacement? Lol
    - Hotel Hero
  • Beneadan
    Red-Sand said:
    Removing battery is a standard procedure and removes risk.

A fried chipset you say?
    What repair shop did you send to?

Chipsets cannot be "replaced" on a laptop and the only repair is motherboard replacement.

Did the "repair" tech say he was looking for a chipset replacement? Lol
    This is what that technician said...yes motherboard replacement is the only way to solve the problem sometimes.
  • kashifali
     the helios 500 yes acer Services fix this services place the motherboard change 
  • Beneadan
    Great succes!Motherboard replaced by Acer service and laptop it is working fine again! Thank you Acer! Great service and support! Me happy again:) 
This discussion has been closed.