How to contact moderator

Ari94
Ari94 Member Posts: 56 Die Hard WiFi Icon
Hi, I am new here and had asked the first question yesterday
"Acer E5-576 laptop, how to know if drivers are updated."
but could not find it if it is answered or not?
I wonder whom to contact if needed help here and how?
Thank you

Comments

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    Ari94 
    Welcome to Acer Community! 
    We are glad that you have joined our community and we look forward to your questions, comments and contributions!   

Sorry for the delay in response. The thread has to be created in the correct category!

You could download and install Acer Care centre, it has driver update utility.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/software-acer-care-center

While you should keep an eye on any security updates that pop up, different driver versions can introduce stability problems, so if your hardware is working as expected, you're better off not updating, since you never know when it might cause problems. 
    You'll rarely get big speed or feature boosts from a driver update, so unless you see in the release notes that there's something big, you're usually okay to just ignore it.
    Unlike other drivers, video drivers are updated often and usually with big performance increases, especially in new games.So, when you see that your video card has a new driver available, see what improvements the driver offers—if it offers system-wide performance improvements or improvements in a game you're currently playing, you'll definitely want to update. If it doesn't, stick with the current driver.
    The driver packages Windows automatically installs are different from the ones your device manufacturers provide. The core drivers are created by your device manufacturer and provided by Microsoft after they go through Microsoft’s Windows Hardware Quality Labs testing to ensure they’re stable.

You can also check for updated driver here : https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7332?b=1

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Ari94
    Hi, thank you for the detailed reply. I already got Acer care center preinstalled when I use that it shows
    "The system is up to date".
    Does this mean I should not be worried about driver's update?
    Thank you once again for your help.

PS* Acer(Japanese OS Windows 10) is my recently bought Laptop, before that I had been using another maker's laptop. I wish I should have bought Acer before.

• Ari94 said:
    Hi, thank you for the detailed reply. I already got Acer care center preinstalled when I use that it shows
    "The system is up to date".
    Does this mean I should not be worried about driver's update?
    Thank you once again for your help.

PS* Acer(Japanese OS Windows 10) is my recently bought Laptop, before that I had been using another maker's laptop. I wish I should have bought Acer before.

In this case you do not need to worry, your device has the  recommended updated driver.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Ari94
    Hi, I appreciate very much your quick reply.
    Thank you