Constant Crash and Black Screen

RussellFS
RussellFS Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
A while ago I was on the internet and then the screen crashed/froze. I couldn't move the mouse or anything, it just froze. I had to press the power button until my laptop shut off and when it turned back on I got a black screen, the keyboard was on, but the screen was still black. After looking online I found that other people had this problem, so took a pin into the hole on the bottom of my laptop and inserted it in there. After doing what I was instructed I turned it back on, this time it worked. However this wasn't the end, because the screen crash happened over and over again in rare instances. So I had to hold down the power button, get a pin and reset the battery over and over again so that I could use my Accer Nitro 5 laptop. I hope this isn't serious, but if it is, tell me what must be done, and I hope my laptop doesn't get damaged because of it. 

My SNID is: 81401986034 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    RussellFS 
    When a critical system process fails to run, the operating system will crash with a Critical Process Died Stop Error or Blue Screen displayed on your Windows computer. 
    >>>Check and repair system file error
    Run System File Checker in Windows  and type cmd in start search box. Right-click cmd and choose Run As Administrator. 
    At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    The SFC utility will run for a while and if any corruptions or errors are found, replace them on reboot.
    >>>To clean boot your Windows 10 computer, follow the steps given below:
    Go to search bar and type System Configuration and press enter.
    On the Services tab, select on Hide all Microsoft services check box and click Disable all and then click on an ok tab.
    Again go to Startup tab and search Task Manager and to open click on it.
    Now go to select all items and click on the Disable tab and close the task manager.
    Now again go to start-up tab and type of the System Configuration dialog box, click on ok and restart your computer.

Also, try to install the latest display and chipset drivers.
    Nvidia driver :  Download 
    Intel driver :  Download

>> Check the current BIOS version. Press Windows+R, type “msinfo32” into the Run box, and then hit Enter. The BIOS version number is displayed on the System Summary pane. Look at the “BIOS Version/Date” field.
    If you do not have the latest version, please update it. Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution. Please keep the charger plugged in during BIOS update. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7571?b=1

If the same issue persists, you may contact Acer support in your region and check for other options to fix it.
    Acer US: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support 
    Acer worldwide : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018
    I second updating BIOs.
    - Hotel Hero