Acer Aspire TC-885-UR12 Desktop Expansion

aherr
aherr Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
I am considering purchasing the a Desktop from Acer (Aspire TC-885-UR12) and would like to know if it can be expanded.  Is there a free M.2 slot, available memory slots (also # of them in total), or expansion slots available?  It would be great to see the motherboard based on the current config for the model in question, but that is probably asking for too much.

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,211 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    Ele tem um slot para ssd m2 2280 sata padrão ou pcie com optano
    Suporta até 32GB de memória ddr4 sdram, 2666 ou 2400mhz de 288 pinos!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately I can not tell if your model comes with 1 of 8gb or 2 of 4gb! However to use the dual channel, buy a memory with the same capacity and features that you have today! See the configuration of your current memory using aida64:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • aherr
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I found on a different site the full specs of the machine, so for those looking later:
    Memory Speed -           DDR4-2666
    Memory Configuration - 1 x 8GB
    Memory Slots (Total) -    2

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Ele tem um slot para ssd m2 2280 sata padrão ou pcie com optano
    Suporta até 32GB de memória ddr4 sdram, 2666 ou 2400mhz de 288 pinos!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• aherr
    Is it possible you know if the 8GB RAM that it comes with is in 1 (1X8GB) or 2 (2X4GB) chips and if it is 1, what is the speed so I can match it?  If I would like to upgrade the 8GB RAM DDR4, do I need to buy 2 new RAM modules or can I just get 1 additional 8GB chip?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Unfortunately I can not tell if your model comes with 1 of 8gb or 2 of 4gb! However to use the dual channel, buy a memory with the same capacity and features that you have today! See the configuration of your current memory using aida64:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• aherr
    Thanks for your response.  I was not sure if the supplied memory was a specific speed by default from Acer, so I could just order something at the same time, but you are right that I can open it up when it arrives from Acer to determine what is in the box for number of RAM chips and if I need to buy 16GB or just one more 8GB module.
  • Exactly! Ideally you wait for the desktop to arrive to know what memory is installed on it!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• aherr
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I found on a different site the full specs of the machine, so for those looking later:
    Memory Speed -           DDR4-2666
    Memory Configuration - 1 x 8GB
    Memory Slots (Total) -    2
  • Bapple60
    Bapple60 Member Posts: 1 New User
    What size screw do I need to add an m.2 SSD In slot 8 (on the illustration)?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer