Hard Drive problems

Fuczlvuju
Fuczlvuju Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hi. I just recently got an Acer Nitro 5 (1TB) and I started having problems with it shortly after I got it. I went to best buy(because that is where I got it) and i told them that my computer was slow. I though it was because of the update but it turns out the hard drive was going out. Any clue why it’s going out? I’m a casual gamer and I only play ROBLOX and BeamNG.Drive.

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi @Fuczlvuju,

>> Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue.  Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Disconnect the external display. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device.The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

>>>End Task of running programs and Disable Startup program in task manager. This fix can help you quickly end high CPU usage issue when your device becomes extremely slow or even get stuck with running programs:

Press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys at the same time to bring up Task Manager; 
    Select Task Manager > Check and select programs that are taking high memory and CPU usage > Click End Task to close selected programs or apps. 
    Click on Startup on Task Manager > Select and right-click on unnecessary programs or apps > Select Disable to stop them running from Startup.

>>>Disable Superfetch and Windows services to fix Windows high CPU usage 

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager;

Go to Services tab and click Open services;

Navigate and locate Superfetch, right click on it and select Properties;

Click Stop to end the Superfetch service and click OK to confirm the change.

>>>Press Win + R to open Run dialog > Type: msconfig and click OK;

Check Hide all Microsoft services under Services tab > Uncheck all other remaining services > OK to save all changes;

Restart Windows > Enable any services individually and reboot PC > Repeat the process till Windows high CPU usage issue gets fixed by then.

Accept if its Helpful.   B)