Audio crackling comes and goes

TimmyLee
TimmyLee Member Posts: 120 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have had audio crackling on and off, sometimes dolby off fixes it temporarily, sometimes dolby on fixes it temporarily, but it always comes back on 

Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop, Intel Core i7, GeForce GTX 1060, 17.3" Full HD, 16GB DDR4, 1TB HHD + 256GB SSD, Black, PH317-51-787B  . Perhaps I have read into this enough, but didn't spot a fix.                 

Answers

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi @TimmyLee ,

Try uninstalling the audio drivers and restart the unit. 
    1. Hold Windows Key and press X. on your key board.
    2. Click Device Manager.
    3. Scroll down to the Sound, video and game controllers category.
    4. double click on it and right click on realtek high definition audio
    5. Uninstall the driver and restart the unit. 

Related image
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • TimmyLee
    TimmyLee Member Posts: 120 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Pretty sure I've done that a couple of times, it works for a while, but it always comes back.  Also turning off & On Dolby works for a while sometimes, like through auto-trouble-shooting, but it always comes back.  Usually it seems while listening to a youtube video.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Try to delete the driver and install it from the acer site with your snid. 

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • TimmyLee 
    You can check deactivating and activating Dolby from sounds and devices speaker properties.
    In some cases it seems that the newer version was causing the problem, and rolling back to an older version fixed the issue completely. Try uninstalling drivers that you have already installed, turn off wifi (disabling automatically update via Windows Update service), restart pc, install older one and restart. If Windows updates drivers automatically, go to device manager and roll back to older again. 
    You can also try the preinstalled version of Audio driver Download
    >> Check the current BIOS version. Press Windows+R, type “msinfo32” into the Run box, and then hit Enter. The BIOS version number is displayed on the System Summary pane. Look at the “BIOS Version/Date” field. If not updated, check the below weblink for the latest version. Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution. Keep the charger plugged in during BIOS update.
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • EddieSi
    EddieSi Member Posts: 36 Devotee WiFi Icon
    this happens to me too. just happened again today and im so annoyed because i really shouldn't be uninstalling and reinstalling drivers on a 5 month old laptop. not sure what to fix because it just comes and goes.
  • MissMercury
    MissMercury Member Posts: 3 New User
    Clearly they still haven't done a ***** thing about it. April 2019 - Just bought brand new Swift 3. Audio is crackling all to *****. I am so upset I spent a grand on this piece of *****!!