Replace keyboard key

Zackbare
Zackbare Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I broke the E key cap of my Predator Helios 300 and want a replacement, the authorized service center says that it'll need the whole keyboard to be replaced and is not confirming the service/cost for 2 weeks now. What should I do?
I googled for unofficial replacements but it seems way too costly for a single key cap and with shipping it gets even more costly.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,735 Pathfinder
    @Zackbare
    Please contact the Acer support for fixing if one Key has come off. But make sure there is no physical damage on the key board, because physical damages are not covered under warranty. In order to contact Acer click the Link below
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• It is possible that the key just left the place! To put it back, just apply a light pressure!
    Can you hit a photo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Zackbare
    Jack22 said:
    @Zackbare
    Please contact the Acer support for fixing if one Key has come off. But make sure there is no physical damage on the key board, because physical damages are not covered under warranty. In order to contact Acer click the Link below
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

IT's out of warranty and is 100% physical damage
    It is possible that the key just left the place! To put it back, just apply a light pressure!
    Can you hit a photo?
    Ohhh boy, it's done for sure... those pesky little locks were too brittle.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/7EPNpArQLXcqoGgr5
    Here's the pics
  • what is the exact model of your notebook? example: v3-571
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Zackbare
    egydiocoelho said:
    what is the exact model of your notebook? example: v3-571
    G3-572
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer