Need help with BIOS update

Options
Alex125
Alex125 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives

Hi everyone

It's my first time on here could you help me, please?

I have an Aspire GX 281 desktop 

my bios version is RO1-A1 i wanna update to RO1-A4 so i can enable virtualization, cuz on my current bios i am unable to find it.

i downloaded the A4 file but when i open it i get 4 folders, Appendix, EFI, ROM and WIN wich do i use?

Best Answer

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    @Alex125

Download R01-A4 from Acer's website.  Unzip/extract it.  Follow the 9 steps in the Win Flash Utility SOP instructions that are located in the Appendix folder.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Before attempting a bios upgrade, verify that virtualization is enabled on:

If you have windows 10 professional, you can install hyper-v here:

Windows 10 home does not have hyper-v!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited September 2018 Answer ✓
    Options
    @Alex125

Download R01-A4 from Acer's website.  Unzip/extract it.  Follow the 9 steps in the Win Flash Utility SOP instructions that are located in the Appendix folder.

I'm not an Acer employee.