Issue with Aspire A715-71G

RoboticsAndBeyond
RoboticsAndBeyond Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 22 in 2018 Archives
Our not for profit STEM education org. bought 6 laptops with a grant Sept. 30, 2017, one year ago in 14 days. The cost was about $600 each.
The hardware warrantee was 1 year (still good for 14 days).  Software warrantee was 90 days (expired).
We called tech support for one laptop that has been used only by our IT admin..  The laptop has intermittent uSB3 and SD reader and noise on the headphone jack.
Tech support insists that the issue is software related and that they deal with this every day and fix the problems over the internet.
Since the software warrantee is expired, we must pay $200 to extend the software warrantee for 1 year just so the ACer tech can see if he can fix the problems.
If his work shows that the issue was hardware and not software, we would not be able to get a refund of the $200 we would have paid for the unnecessary extended software warrantee.
Very poor policy by ACer. We refused this 'offer' and will hope the machine remains usable enough for another year or two.  

Comments

• Right! Make sure that lowering the sampling rate of the speakers and microphone in the sound properties solves the problem!
    Resultado de imagem para sampling rate audio windows 10

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RoboticsAndBeyond 
    Sorry to hear about your experience. Please verify if you have contacted the Acer in-warranty department in your region. If it is a driver, OS or hardware related issue they would resolve it without paying to fix it. The below mentioned weblink has the support number and chat options to contact the In-warranty department.

For Acer support in your region:.
    Acer United States Support :  https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact 
    Acer Worldwide Support : http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!