Cannot get to the Windows

rwisniewski46
rwisniewski46 Member Posts: 23 Networker
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I did some updates and then my computer shut down. When I turned it back on, it states that my PC/Decice needs to be repaired. The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors (Error code: 0x0000242) I have tried all kinds of ways to get in.Then the next screen say that I must enter my recover key to access start up settings. I enter my recovery key and then the command prompt comes up for edit boot options. (/FLIGHTSIGNING /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN /FVEBOOT=2125824 /NOVGA) I do not know what this means. I still cannot get onto my desktop. 

Answers

• rwisniewski46
    rwisniewski46 Member Posts: 23 Networker
    After I hit enter, it comes back to the blue screen that my pc couldn't start properly and that it failed to start and needs to be repaired. Please help!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,477 Trailblazer
    What is your full ACER model #? You can try a factory-reset or refresh. First, press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds till the machine completely shuts off. Then turn it back on again and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. Then follow the directions below to either re-set (deletes personal files) or re-fresh (saves personal files) the machine. Jack E/NJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpzLJRAZldA

Jack E/NJ