Windows

Drakith
Drakith Member Posts: 8 New User
edited 6:24PM in 2018 Archives
I'm using model A715-71G-52WP and has windows 10 installed. I want to install windows 7 only but i dont know if the laptop will run at it full potential. Please help!
You have my regards

Comments

• Drakith 
    If you downgrade you'll need to purchese a copy of Win7 and do a complete reinstall. This means backing up anything of value to you and wiping the drive. Before you do, make absolutely sure that you have the drivers for your laptop. Widows 7 drivers for this model are not available at Acer support website.  You're using, I believe, a skylake system so you'll also have to patch your Win7 install media before you can install Win7 on to the laptop. 

Overall, I'd say stick with Win10. The problems you're having should be addressed, but there's nothing inherently bad about Win10 provided there's not a known issue with it and your hardware. Since you're under 1yr with your laptop you should still be under warranty with Acer and may be able to have them fix the issue. 

To specifically answer the question, I don’t think it’s worth it to downgrade unless you really need some program(s) to work, and there is no viable alternative. It isn’t worth it mainly because official mainstream support for Windows 7 ended in January 2015 and all your software will work fine on Windows 7, but extended support for the operating system and updates will be discontinued on Jan 14th, 2020. More info here.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • wahidovic
    wahidovic Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited October 2018
    you need to purshase original copy of windows my friend