Can I insert an external graphic card to my Aspire E 17 to play heavier games?

metrocrusing
metrocrusing Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2018 Archives
I have an aspire E 17 E5-774 and would like to know if it is possible to install another graphics card but one for games.

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,261 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    No, the GPU on the models that have discrete graphics (E5-774G) is soldered to the motherboard. To change to the nVIDIA you have to replace the motherboard, and that's not going to be a lot cheaper than replacing the laptop as a whole.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    the inbuilt graphics is an intel hd hraphics 520. Im asking because I heard most acers come with an extra slot to have graphics installed.
    Related image
    The graphic card comes with the with the mother board as a whole. you will have to change the motherboard also. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)

Answers

• christy1
    hi,
    you can upgrade your graphics for you unit. can i know whats the inbuilt graphic provided with the unit.
  • metrocrusing
    Hi,
    the inbuilt graphics is an intel hd hraphics 520. Im asking because I heard most acers come with an extra slot to have graphics installed.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,261 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    No, the GPU on the models that have discrete graphics (E5-774G) is soldered to the motherboard. To change to the nVIDIA you have to replace the motherboard, and that's not going to be a lot cheaper than replacing the laptop as a whole.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • christy1
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Related image
    The graphic card comes with the with the mother board as a whole. you will have to change the motherboard also. 
  • metrocrusing
    Thank you both for giving me some insight, it really helped