AN515-51-705Q upgrade questions

NewLifestyleMentor
NewLifestyleMentor Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I need to know 3 things about this model:

1)  Am I able to put in a NVme drive into this model?
2)  What is the RAM upgradeable to?
3)  Can I swap out the WiFi card?

Answers

• 1) It is compatible with both ssd m2 2280 sata III and pcie nvme! However I recommend that you use hwinfo to find out how fast the pcie port works:

2) It supports ddr4, 2133 or 2400mhz, soddim size, 1.2v, 260 pin! It supports a maximum of 32GB of RAM! But I recommend that you confirm the ram memory information on aida64 and see how many slots your model really has:

3) You can instead replace the wifi card:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NewLifestyleMentor
    What are the dimensions of the internal HDD?  Am I able to put in a 2.5" SSD into it?
  • Yes! But you should check if your notebook came with the sata cable as in the picture!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Yes, it's compatible!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NewLifestyleMentor
    Thank you so much for your help!  Abrigado!