Monitor Overclock

Technomancer
Technomancer Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2018 Archives
Hi all,

Just went from a basic FHD LG monitor to this 32" Predator. I tried to OC it manually to 165Hz as the box says you can through the Nvidia Control Panel, but the speakers made a really weird noise and the screen went black. Seems fine @144Hz though. I did notice that you can OC it in the OSD. My question is, is this OC going to damage the life of or negatively impact my monitor? Does it void the warranty? Pretty well experienced with monitors and computers as a whole but in my experience, OC'ing a panel negates the warranty. Is this still the case here? I appreciate the help!

Answers

• Technomancer 
    The warranty on your montor varies and you should carefully read it to see if overclocking will void your warranty. If overclocking will void it, it is at your own risk to overclocking it.  I haven't heard of any stories about destroying their monitor by overclocking it, but if you do, if your overclock becomes unstable, th monitor will black out for a few seconds and will automatically change back to stock speed.
    From what I've seen the overclock shouldn't cause any reduction in lifespan, so I would say definitely go for it - it never hurts to see what you get, and you can always just remove the overclock if you feel the improvement isn't worth it.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!