Why do I get a blank screeen (no video output on HDMI) unless I leave mains power on? Aspire TC-885

2»

Answers

• hotrob
    hotrob Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
    Yes, the fast start-up is still disabled.
  • Check the video card settings now, if there is any option to leave the hdmi input as the default device!
    Does your motherboard have the nvidia video card or only the intel video card?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • hotrob
    The PC only has the Intel UHD Graphics 630.  I can't find any video card/graphics settings that mention HDMI.
  • Try this:
    a) press windows + r and type msconfig! In general, select normal startup and leave the quick startup off as you already did! Then turn off the computer and test!

b) Checked if updating bios solves the problem? is a risky process and may or may not solve the problem!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • hotrob
    It was configured for a selective startup, so I changed it to normal startup and restarted.  However, after restarting it is always set back to selective startup, so if I then shutdown, turn off the mains power for a while and then boot it up, it still has the no display problem.

I tried a BIOS update many years ago and it trashed the BIOS so I had to buy another motherboard.  I don't want to risk doing that again!
  • Can you hit a photo of this section?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• hotrob
    I don't think you can take a snapshot of the BIOS (using the Print Screen keyboard button) and faffing about with a digital camera will take too long for such a small amount of data.  This is what is displayed under Advanced > CPU and Chipset Configuration:

Intel AES-NI                                        [Disabled]
    Video Output                                      OnBoard
    Onboard Graphics Controller       Enabled
  • Have you already tested with another monitor to see if the same problem occurs? I would also try removing the rtc battery from the motherboard to reset the BIOS settings and see if that solves the problem!
    Remember to put the positive rtc battery in the same position:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• hotrob
    I've not tried the motherboard battery removal, as I don't want to open up the PC and risk damaging it while it's brand new.  I did think about the BIOS Load Default Settings option.  However, the only option that I've changed from the default is disabling the Deep Power Off Mode, so I thought there wasn't much point in trying that.

I thought I didn't have another monitor that I could try, but then I remembered I have a Samsung 22" TV with HDMI input that I could use, so I've tried that.  The Windows desktop didn't fit on the display properly so part of the taskbar was off the screen, making things difficult, but with just the TV used as a monitor (with a generic PnP driver) it did boot up OK after the mains power was turned off.  So it seems to be somehow connected to the monitor that I have.  I've checked again but there is only one driver available for it, so I have the latest (only!) driver installed.  It's beginning to look as though I'll just have to live with the problem, and perhaps check for a newer driver now and again.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    So this proves that it is probably a driver problem, because it works perfectly on the TV, or on the monitor!
    I recommend that you use the driverbooster program, with the computer connected to the monitor and update all available drivers! No need to download game programs! Download drivers only!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• hotrob
    OK, I've installed Driver Booster 6.  Hopefully the problem will be fixed one day.  Thank you for your help and advice.
  • Let us know if you have solved the problem!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• hotrob
    I've confirmed it's a problem with the monitor.  If I turn the mains power off for the PC but leave it on for the monitor, then it will turn the display on when I power up the PC.  So it seems that its the turning the mains power off for the monitor that causes the problem.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited September 2018
    You can check for any configuration that is causing this problem! Did you check if the cable display port has the same problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer