pc system recovery

TerryB3
TerryB3 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives
Ok. So here is my dilemma. I'm at a blue screen that is telling me that my system needs recovered/repaired. It is saying a required file contains errors.  It is an    \SWINDOWS - BT\NEWOS\WINDOWS\system32\winloadefi with an error code of   0xc00000f. Its saying i need to use recovery tools to fix it. What do I need to do to repair this. The real problem is that I have been dealing with a malware program that has installed itself on my electronic devices and has caused this problem with my acer notebook. It is an S.tymig virus (I think I spelled that right...maybe not) and it has corrupted the file. Where do I go from here. I appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thank you!!

Answers

• TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi TerryB3

Method 1. Perform Disk CleanupTry deleting temporary files and folders using Disk Cleanup Utility. This program is already installed in Windows. Thus, follow the steps to use it:1. Click Start and open Run app.2. In the appeared box type “cleanmgr” and press Enter key.3. The program will start scanning the system and calculating how much space you can save. Once it finishes the scan, you will receive a dialogue box where you have to check all boxes with files or folders you want to delete.4. When all entries are selected, click OK to clean them.Method 2. Run The System File CheckerError code 0xc00000f might be triggered by corrupted files. Thus, you should scan the computer with System File Checker application which is already installed on Windows. After the scan, this utility will repair corrupted entries and should fix the source of error.
    1. Click Start and open Run app.2. In the appeared box type “command” and press Enter on the keyboard.3. In the appeared command prompt window type “sfc/scannnow”.The program will start running and scanning the system automatically. Once it finishes this task, the error should not bother you anymore.Method 3. Fix Boost Configuration Data (BCD)Another reason standing behind this error might be an incorrect configuration of BCD. Fortunately, this problem might be fixed by following these four steps:1. Restart your computer and choose to boot from the installation media.2. Choose System Recovery Options.3. Select Command Prompt.4. In the appeared window type “bootrec.exe” and press Enter button. This command runs a built-in tool that is capable of building a new Boot Configuration Data.Method 4. Install UpdatesOne of the simplest ways to fix error code 0xc00000f is to install all pending updates. As you already know this error might be caused by outdated operating system features, drivers or programs. Thus, make sure you install all available updates.Method 5. Re-install ProgramIf you are aware which program causes the error, you should uninstall the program and restore it again:1. Go to Start, open Control Panel, and choose Add/Remove Programs (or Programs and Features – the name might differ due to the OS version).2. Find the program that causes the error.3. Select it and choose “Uninstall” option.4. Follow uninstallation wizard.Once the program is uninstalled from the PC successfully, install it again. Please, be careful and do not rush. In order to avoid potentially unwanted programs, install necessary software under Advanced/Custom settings.
    "Hit Like & Accept if its Helpful"

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • TerryB3

Tinkerer

Ok. That All sounds good but I can't get into any of that (to my knowledge which I admit is very limited when it comes to all this computer data). I can use f2 to get into the bios settings but I seem unable to do anything that will fix my inability to start up windows in there. I appreciate your efforts and thank you tremendously.
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited September 2018
    Hi @TerryB3,

This looks like an update issue on the computer. Its not an virus dont worry. Try to do a reset-> make sure to take the backup of your data->you might loose all the pics and docs. after the backup follow the steps below.

1. Press and hold the Power key for 5 seconds to power the system off completely. Turn on the computer and press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. You should see a message that says "Please Wait" and your computer will boot to a blue screen that says "Choose an option."
    2. Click Get started under Reset this PC.
    3. Click Remove everything. ->just remove my files->Reset.

Image result for reset the win10

Related image

Go for Remove everything.
    >> Just remove my files
    >>Reset

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • TerryB3

Tinkerer

Again...Thanks but I've tried that one. It gets to 62% and holds. after about an hour it tells me that there is an error in my computer. I Most definitely have that virus though. I have been dealing with it for what seems like a year now. They or it, has disabled multiple pcs, tablets and more phones than I can count with this malware. The problem stems from the fact that I wont leave it alone and am constantly messing around trying to get by what they have shut down or disabled on my various devices. I know...sounds crazy but I assure you that its true. I am about to change out my home wifi router and modem and want to completely wipe my devices or have them wiped. Factory resets and powerwashes are useless as they have installed something in the bios or whatever it is to not erase their backup files. They have actually Taken and allotted a huge amount of space on my phones and called it an sd card (I have none installed) to preserve data that I cannot erase or even get to. Again....its crazy but true.
  • TECH_MAN
    TECH_MAN Ally Posts: 453
    Hi TerryB3

Turn on the computer and press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. You should see a message that says "Please Wait" and your computer will boot to a blue screen that says "Choose an option

Related image

"Hit Accept if its usefu"
    Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • TerryB3

Tinkerer

Tried That. No
  • christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Hi @TerryB3,

Looks like you computer needs a Recovery Media. 
    Try with the below options if you have any working computer with a empty flash drive. hope this will work.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)