Backup solutions

Tannenba
Tannenba Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 4 in 2018 Archives
Hi, have acer one 10 with windows 10 version 1803.  This version broke the backup functions of windows for 32 bit machines and I have been going nuts trying to get this thing to boot clonezilla.  I can finally get it to load grub, but the security functions kills it from there.  Is there a way to turn off secure boot?  I couldn't find anything in the bios setup.  It's a nice little laptop alternative but not being able to do a backup image regularly can lead to ultimate disaster.

Best Answer

• Tannenba
    Answer ✓
    Never mind, with some help, found I could get there with the windows 10 recovery settings.  was able to turn off secure boot and am now verifying  a backup image by Clonezilla.  Clonezilla is the best solution till Microsoft gets off their butt and fix the 32 bit wbengine.exe.

Answers

• thamahes2018
    thamahes2018 Member Posts: 174 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi Tannenba,Firstly you need to setup the supervisor password in BIos and than try to turn off secure boot.
  • Tannenba
    How do you do that?

• Tannenba
    Still waiting to find out how to be able to turn off secure boot.  How to get to the screen to do it?  It's not F2 the setup utility.
  • Tannenba
    Answer ✓
    Never mind, with some help, found I could get there with the windows 10 recovery settings.  was able to turn off secure boot and am now verifying  a backup image by Clonezilla.  Clonezilla is the best solution till Microsoft gets off their butt and fix the 32 bit wbengine.exe.